Cover FX Mirage Glitter DropsCover FX Mirage Glitter Drops ($44.00 for 0.50 oz.) is a light, white gold with a sparkling, glittery finish. The base seemed to be fairly sheer/translucent, but there was plenty of buildable coverage in the form of sparkle and glitter. I was incredibly impressed by how even the sparkles applied and distributed as I blended them onto my cheeks as a standalone highlighter–it looked even, reflective, and shiny without ever looking gritty on my skin. It has a more watery, thin feel, but it played so well with my base products (including over powdered skin) and mixed in with creams/primers. The coverage was buildable from semi-sheer to mostly opaque (in two to three layers), and it definitely felt true to the brand’s adjustable claim. The highlighter dried down quickly and stayed in place for nine hours with minimal glitter migration over time.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- KVD Beauty Gold Skool (LE, $30.00) is less shimmery (100% similar).
- Anastasia Helia (PiP, ) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Morphe Lit (P, $14.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Pat McGrath Pale Gold 002 (LE, $30.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Makeup Revolution Ice Kiss (P, $9.00) is lighter, brighter, more pigmented (90% similar).
- Melt Cosmetics Morning Star (P, $39.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Coloured Raine No Flash Needed (P, $25.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Clionadh Cremait (P, $12.50) is cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Star Brite (P, $8.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Make Up For Ever 2 Frozen Gold (P, $21.00) is darker (90% similar).
$44.00/0.5 oz. - $88.00 Per Ounce
The Glitter Drops formula is supposed to have buildable coverage that has a "high impact, light-reflective finish" that can be used on its own or layered over or under other products on "face and body." It is, if the name didn't make it obvious, a glittery product and would be most suitable to someone who enjoys noticeable sparkles on the skin. The consistency has a thinner, more watery feel compared to the original Illuminating Drops, but the formula has a quick dry down and leaves behind a sparkling finish that has a noticeable color and reflective quality but did not look gritty or sand-like (which would be my primary concern). It did not feel tacky after it dried down, and it stayed in place well with minimal migration over time left alone. The liquid was easy to spread across the lips using patting and tapping motions with my fingertips, and it worked well on bare skin but also over liquid foundation, as it did not lift my base when I spread and blended out the edges. They wore between eight and nine hours on me.
Browse all of our Cover FX Glitter Drops swatches.
HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, SILICA, HYDROGENATED POLYCYCLOPENTADIENE, CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE, HYDROGENATED STYRENE/ISOPRENE COPOLYMER, ISODODECANE, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, MICA, TIN OXIDE, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDE (CI 77491), BLUE 1 LAKE (CI 42090), MANGANESE VIOLET (CI 77742)
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.