Cover FX Lunar Glitter Drops ($44.00 for 0.50 oz.) is a multi-colored, glittery highlight that seemed to reflect and sparkle in hues of aqua, mint green, blue, violet, and pink. Predominantly, it looked like a bluish lavender on my skin tone but was rather multi-dimensional. It had a sheer, watery base where the majority of the coverage came in the form of glitter–it was semi-sheer and buildable to semi-opaque. The glitter was fine enough that it sat well on the skin, “pigmented” enough that it didn’t look like random grit or sand when it wasn’t reflecting light. It wore well over bare skin, on top of foundation/blush, or mixed in with moisturizer. It was easiest to check for longevity as a highlighter on bare skin, and it lasted well for eight and a half hours with minimal migration.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Smashbox Rose Glitz (LE, $32.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- ColourPop Spellbound (LE, $10.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Melt Cosmetics Iluminacion (P, $39.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Kaja Prizm (DC, $19.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- JD Glow Chaos (P, $16.50) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Anastasia Orion (PiP, ) is less shimmery, cooler (85% similar).
- Smashbox Prismatic Petal (LE, $39.00) is darker, warmer (85% similar).
- Haus Labs Pink Amethyst (P, $40.00) is less shimmery (85% similar).
- Cover FX Prism (LE, $34.00) is less shimmery, cooler (85% similar).
- Maybelline Opal (050) (P, $9.99) is lighter, warmer (85% similar).
$44.00/0.5 oz. - $88.00 Per Ounce
The Glitter Drops formula is supposed to have buildable coverage that has a "high impact, light-reflective finish" that can be used on its own or layered over or under other products on "face and body." It is, if the name didn't make it obvious, a glittery product and would be most suitable to someone who enjoys noticeable sparkles on the skin. The consistency has a thinner, more watery feel compared to the original Illuminating Drops, but the formula has a quick dry down and leaves behind a sparkling finish that has a noticeable color and reflective quality but did not look gritty or sand-like (which would be my primary concern). It did not feel tacky after it dried down, and it stayed in place well with minimal migration over time left alone. The liquid was easy to spread across the lips using patting and tapping motions with my fingertips, and it worked well on bare skin but also over liquid foundation, as it did not lift my base when I spread and blended out the edges. They wore between eight and nine hours on me.
Browse all of our Cover FX Glitter Drops swatches.
HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE, ALUMINUM CALCIUM SODIUM SILICATE, HYDROGENATED POLYCYCLOPENTADIENE, HYDROGENATED STYRENE/ISOPRENE COPOLYMER, ISODODECANE, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, MICA, TIN OXIDE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), BLUE 1 LAKE (CI 42090)
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.