ColourPop Pose Luster Dust Loose Highlighter ($7.00 for 0.11 oz.) is a medium-dark, rosy copper with warm undertones and a soft, metallic sheen. It had buildable coverage from semi-sheer to opaque depending on how much product was picked up with the brush–it being a loose format made results very dependent on tool and technique compared to the typical pressed powder. The texture was silky and finely-milled and blended out fairly well with good, even adhesion that lasted for eight hours on me.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Anastasia Penny (LE, $25.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Morphe Mirage (P, $14.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Urban Decay PSA (LE, $26.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Rhaegal (LE, $26.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- The Estee Edit Beachy (LE, ) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Becca Rose Gold (LE, $38.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Becca Bronzed Amber (LE, $38.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- ColourPop Freak Like Me (P, $8.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- ColourPop Bae Area (P, $8.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- NARS St. Barths (P, $38.00) is warmer (90% similar).
$7.00/0.106 oz. - $66.04 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to be a "finely-milled, soft powder" that "packs a blinding punch" where "a little goes a long way." These can be incredibly shiny and metallic on the skin, and the coverage seemed to be all in the application. They actually seemed to be more pigmented when I applied them to my cheekbones using a tapered highlighter than when I used smaller brushes (for eyes) on my forearm. The powders were finely-milled with some base color and a lot of shimmer/pearl. I found the best way to apply these was to pick up product onto a brush and then swirl my brush on the interior of the cap, which helped to disperse the powder more evenly through my brush. This resulted in more even application to my cheeks that required less buffing and blending than if I skipped the swirling step. They lasted around eight hours on me.
Browse all of our ColourPop Luster Dust Loose Highlighter swatches.