From the Moon
Colour Pop From the Moon Pressed Powder Blush ($12.00 for 0.21 oz.) is a medium, fuchsia pink with cooler, blue undertones and a matte finish. It had buildable coverage from medium to mostly opaque, which was in line with the product’s description. The texture was moderately powdery in the pan, so I’d recommend tapping off excess prior to applying to ensure more precise application of the blush to the skin.
It blended out fairly evenly but wasn’t the most easiest to diffuse along the edges. To help it along, I’d recommend applying over a matte foundation or dusting some translucent powder over your skin first (which will give it better blendability). It stayed on well for eight and a half hours before fading visibly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Colour Pop Above & Beyond (LE, $7.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Colour Pop Catch My Vibe (P, $7.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Going Native (Blush) (PiP, ) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Milani Delizioso Pink (10) (DC, $8.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Cheeky Chic (LE, $24.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Noodle (P, $7.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Makeup Geek Hanky Panky (DC, $9.99) is cooler (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Shortcake (P, $7.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Make Up For Ever B212 (P, $23.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Fantastic Plastic Pink (P, $2.99) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
$12.00/0.21 oz. - $57.14 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to go on "smoothly" and have a "natural and healthy flush" that has "long wear" and "can be layered to your desired intensity." It is a lightly to moderately powdery powder blush with semi-sheer to semi-opaque, buildable color payoff. The consistency has a drier, thinner feel and though it feels silky to the touch, I found it the type of powder blush can be tricky to blend out evenly on the skin, depending on one's skin type or base preferences. The drier the skin/base, the better the formula would blend, but any natural oils or slip caused the blush to go on unevenly and was difficult to blend out. The wear was between seven and eight hours on me on average.
Browse all of our Colour Pop Pressed Powder Blush swatches.