Colour Pop Cat’s Eye Pressed Powder Blush ($12.00 for 0.21 oz.) is a medium pink-coral with a satin finish. It had very faint, golden pearl strewn through it that seemed to help it blend better on my skin but also gave it a subtle sheen–more of a “natural” finish than true matte but not overly shimmery. The texture was soft, blendable, and a little powdery in the pan, while the coverage was buildable from medium to mostly opaque (which is how the formula is marketed). It lasted well for eight hours before fading noticeably.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- MAC Cheer Up (LE, $30.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Chanel Rose Petillant (330) (P, $45.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- NARS Day Dream (LE, $30.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Winter 2018 (Blush) (LE, $60.00) is darker (95% similar).
- Tarte Shimmering (LE, ) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Guerlain Gold Palette #7 (LE, ) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Guerlain Ors et Merveilles #7 (LE, ) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Smith and Cult Warm Pink (P, $24.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- MAC Spring Flock (LE, $24.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- OFRA Sweet Stuff (LE, ) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
$12.00/0.21 oz. - $57.14 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to go on "smoothly" and have a "natural and healthy flush" that has "long wear" and "can be layered to your desired intensity." It is a lightly to moderately powdery powder blush with semi-sheer to semi-opaque, buildable color payoff. The consistency has a drier, thinner feel and though it feels silky to the touch, I found it the type of powder blush can be tricky to blend out evenly on the skin, depending on one's skin type or base preferences. The drier the skin/base, the better the formula would blend, but any natural oils or slip caused the blush to go on unevenly and was difficult to blend out. The wear was between seven and eight hours on me on average.
Browse all of our Colour Pop Pressed Powder Blush swatches.