ColourPop Beach Party Super Shock Cheek (Highlighter) ($8.00 for 0.15 oz.) is a medium peach with moderate, warm undertones and slightly cooler, rosier pearl woven throughout that gave it a luminous sheen. The texture was lightly emollient to the touch and spongy when pressed with a fingertip.
It felt more powder-like as soon as it came into contact with skin, and it applied well with fingertips (for more opaque coverage) or a synthetic, duo-fiber brush (for sheerer coverage) over bare skin as well as over foundation. It stayed on nicely for 10 hours before fading a bit.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Milk Makeup Blitzed (P, $28.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- ColourPop Lantern Fest (LE, $10.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- NARS Unlimited (LE, $30.00) is more shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
- NABLA Cosmetics Privilege (P, $26.00) is more shimmery, cooler (95% similar).
- Sydney Grace Rhythm (P, $9.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood (LE, ) is cooler (95% similar).
- Pretty Vulgar Glimmers of BS (P, $32.00) is darker (90% similar).
- ColourPop Uoeno (P, $11.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Lethal Cosmetics Quantum (P, $18.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Anastasia Sand (P, $22.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
$10.00/0.15 oz. - $66.67 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "buildable" coverage and can be applied with fingertips (which will yield "higher coverage") or a brush (for sheerer coverage). It's a cream-based product that has a subtle, "wet" feel to it but never has the thickness of a true cream-based blush.
It goes on with the smoothness of a cream formulation but diffuses and blends (without lifting up one's base) more like a powder product. The product sets to a powder finish, so the product won't slide around during the day.
On me, the wear tends to be between eight and 10 hours. Most shades have medium, buildable pigmentation with some being semi-opaque to opaque on occasion. They are typically blendable, easy to use, and long-wearing.
Browse all of our ColourPop Super Shock Cheek (Highlighter) swatches.