ColourPop Velvet Rope Pressed Powder Highlighter ($8.00 for 0.23 oz.) is a light-medium coral with a hint of pink and a soft, frosted sheen. The highlighter had a noticeable shine on the skin but was just shy of pore-emphasizing territory on my skin. The texture was smooth to the touch, easy to pick up with a brush, and remained blendable on the skin. It had good pigmentation that was buildable to full coverage, if desired, with just a touch more layered on top. This shade stayed on well for eight and a half hours before it started to wear away.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Huda Beauty Ibiza (LE, ) is darker, cooler (95% similar).
- Becca Beach Nectar (LE, $38.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Chanel Fleurs de Printemps (Highlighter) (LE, ) is cooler (95% similar).
- bareMinerals The Magic Moment (LE, $26.00) is darker (90% similar).
- MAC Definitely Defined (LE, $37.00) is darker (90% similar).
- ColourPop Coronation (LE, $8.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- NYX Magnetic (P, $9.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- ColourPop Mr. Wind (LE, $8.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Looxi Beauty Valley Girl (P, $7.50) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- MAC Lust (LE, $34.00) is darker (90% similar).
$8.00/0.23 oz. - $34.78 Per Ounce
The powder highlighter is supposed to have a "high-shine" finish with "high colour intensity." In general, ColourPop's pressed highlighter powders have a smooth, moderately dense texture that was soft enough to be picked up easily by a brush but not kick up any powder in the pan. The formula was semi-opaque to opaque but easily sheered out for less shine and coverage if desired. There were a few shades within the range that emphasized my skin's natural texture slightly but most did not. The wear ranged from seven and a half hours to nine hours.
Browse all of our ColourPop Pressed Powder Highlighter swatches.
BORON NITRIDE, DIMETHICONE, ZINC STEARATE, PTFE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, SILICA, HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER, PHENOXYETHANOL, DIMETHICONOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, TIN OXIDE, BLUE 1 LAKE (CI 42090), MICA (CI 77019), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891)
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.