Talk to the Palm
ColourPop Talk to the Palm Pressed Powder Bronzer ($8.00 for 0.25 oz.) is a medium-dark brown with subtle, warm reddish undertones and a matte finish. It had opaque pigmentation in a single layer, which applied fairly evenly to bare skin and blended out nicely. The texture was incredibly soft to the touch, but it was also very powdery with an excessive amount of product that kicked up and sat on the pan’s surface even with a light hand.
As a result, it was easily over-applied, so I’d recommend using a less-dense brush to pick up product and then going back in for more if necessary. It was blendable when I didn’t overload the brush, but I felt like it wasn’t effortlessly at any level–there was a point where too much product resulted in unforgiving application that became unblendable. It wore well for eight hours on me before fading visibly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- MAC Give Me Life (LE, $28.00) is lighter, warmer (95% similar).
- Cover FX Sunkissed Bronze (Left) (PiP, ) is darker, warmer (95% similar).
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Tan-tastic (P, $49.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Cover FX Suntan Bronze (Left) (PiP, ) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- ColourPop Wild Card (LE, $8.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Dior Soft Terra (001) (LE, $49.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Chanel Medium Deep (P, $58.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Totally Taupeless (LE, $32.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Tantalize (106) (P, $49.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop CA Dreaming (P, $8.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
$8.00/0.25 oz. - $32.00 Per Ounce
ColourPop's Pressed Powder Bronzer is supposed to have a "super velvety-soft" feel that yields a "natural tanned glow." There was no mention of coverage, but the brand's promotional swatches showed full coverage. The bronzers had a soft, silky texture that was slightly powdery in the pan but tended to apply with ease, blended out nicely, and sat well on the skin. The majority of the shades seemed to have a semi-matte to satin finish, which helped them glide on and appear more natural (in finish) on the skin. The wear ranged from eight to eight and a half hours on me.
Browse all of our ColourPop Pressed Powder Bronzer swatches.