ColourPop Summer Nostalgia Cheek Dew Reviews & Swatches
ColourPop Summer Nostalgia Cheek Dew Serum Blush ($7.00 for 0.48 oz.) is a medium pink with subtle, warm undertones and a dewy sheen.
- Sheer, slightly buildable coverage (as marketed)
- Lightweight, gel-like consistency
- Thin but not watery, “serum” like as marketed
- Applied well over bare skin and did not lift foundation
- Shorter-wearing (6 hours)
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Coloured Raine Floral (P, $16.00) is darker (95% similar).
- About Face Laid (P, $18.00) is more muted, cooler (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Crush on Cupid (P, $20.00) is more shimmery, darker (85% similar).
- ColourPop Too Hot (LE, $8.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (85% similar).
- Kosas 8th Muse (High Intensity) (Blush) (PiP, ) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (85% similar).
- ColourPop Flamenco (P, $8.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (85% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Peony Droppa (LE, $20.00) is cooler (85% similar).
- Clinique Berry Pop (03) (P, $21.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (85% similar).
- Rare Beauty Nearly Rose (P, $21.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (85% similar).
- Patrick Ta She's a Doll (Crème) (PiP, ) is more shimmery, cooler (80% similar).
$7.00/0.48 oz. - $14.58 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "buildable coverage" with a "hint" of dewiness that can be applied with fingertips, sponge, or a duo fiber brush and is recommended to be applied prior to powder products.
The consistency was very fluid, and while it was sheerer by the nature of the fluidity of the formulation, you didn't need to squeeze out that much to get going. I would recommend squeezing out a bit on the back of your hand and gently rubbing it in a small circle using a fingertip, then applying to your face. This helped the product spread out and be the perfect level of tackiness to apply to bare skin or on top of foundation/base products without lifting them up. They had sheer to semi-sheer, buildable coverage.
They don't fully dry down, so the finish remained noticeably dewy (as the name might imply), and it didn't have the best wear (around six hours for better-performing shades), but the products faded evenly and didn't slide around/down my face.
Browse all of our ColourPop Cheek Dew Serum Blush swatches.
How did this score a 5/5 on application with the comments you included on being difficult to blend over foundation?
I need to update the overview because the first several I tried (when they first released) performed poorly but recent releases have been a lot better – see the bullet points in the review which are about this specific shade, where I said it applied well over foundation!
This is definitely not a shade I could use, but it would probably look quite nice on the very light/lightest of skintones, though.