Colour Pop So Retrograde Pressed Powder Blush ($7.00 for 0.21 oz.) is a bright, medium orange with stronger, warm undertones and golden shimmer. It was richly pigmented–but marketed as buildable–with a smooth, velvety texture that wasn’t too powdery nor too firmly pressed in the pan. The powder applied evenly to bare skin and blended out with ease, while the finish was luminous but not overly shimmery. It wore nicely for eight hours on me before fading visibly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Dior Stand Out (649) (P, $44.00) is lighter, warmer (95% similar).
- Surratt Beauty Flamme (P, $32.00) is darker, warmer (95% similar).
- MAC Bright Response (P, $16.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (95% similar).
- Jouer Treasure Me (PiP, ) is more shimmery, more muted (90% similar).
- MAC Blazing Haute (LE, $27.00) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Fresh Honey (LE, $29.00) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Becca Tigerlily (DC, $34.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Honey Jasmine (LE, $24.00) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Chili Mango (P, $25.00) is darker, warmer (85% similar).
- NARS Gina (P, $30.00) is less shimmery, more muted (85% similar).
$7.00/0.21 oz. - $33.33 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to go on "smoothly" and have a "natural and healthy flush" that has "long wear" and "can be layered to your desired intensity." It is a lightly to moderately powdery powder blush with semi-sheer to semi-opaque, buildable color payoff. The consistency has a drier, thinner feel and though it feels silky to the touch, I found it the type of powder blush can be tricky to blend out evenly on the skin, depending on one's skin type or base preferences. The drier the skin/base, the better the formula would blend, but any natural oils or slip caused the blush to go on unevenly and was difficult to blend out. The wear was between seven and eight hours on me on average.
Browse all of our Colour Pop Pressed Powder Blush swatches.
Talc, Boron Nitride, Nylon-12, Magnesium Stearate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Ethylhexyl Palmitate , Zinc Stearate, Silica, Distarch Phosphate , Tin Oxide, Hydrolyzed Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Alumina, Caprylyl Glycol, Octocrylene, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate , Quercetin, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985).