ColourPop Rocket Science Super Shock Cheek ($8.00 for 0.15 oz.) is a light lavender with subtle, warm undertones and a sparkling, pearly sheen. It had medium, buildable coverage and a noticeable sheen on the skin. On my coloring, it was subtle and would work better as a highlighter than as a cheek color, but on very fair skin tones, I imagine it would be an easy blush to wear. The texture was smooth to the touch, mousse-like so it was a touch “wet” in feel but not thick or overly emollient. It applied evenly to my skin, blended out nicely, and stayed on well for 10 hours.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- ColourPop Hippo (P, $10.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Sleek MakeUP Hemisphere (PiP, ) is more shimmery, cooler (95% similar).
- Guerlain Holographic (Right) (LE, ) is cooler (90% similar).
- Makeup Geek Celestial (P, $20.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Sydney Grace Black Tie (LE, $8.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty 7daywknd (PiP, $36.00) is darker (85% similar).
- MAC Lights on Lavender (LE, $44.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Pardon My Francais (LE, $12.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Halographic (P, $5.99) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Laura Mercier Obsession (LE, $45.00) is cooler (90% similar).
$10.00/0.15 oz. - $66.67 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "buildable" coverage and can be applied with fingertips (which will yield "higher coverage") or a brush (for sheerer coverage). It's a cream-based product that has a subtle, "wet" feel to it but never has the thickness of a true cream-based blush.
It goes on with the smoothness of a cream formulation but diffuses and blends (without lifting up one's base) more like a powder product. The product sets to a powder finish, so the product won't slide around during the day.
On me, the wear tends to be between eight and 10 hours. Most shades have medium, buildable pigmentation with some being semi-opaque to opaque on occasion. They are typically blendable, easy to use, and long-wearing.
Browse all of our ColourPop Super Shock Cheek (Highlighter) swatches.
Dimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Alumina, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Silica, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Isopropyl Myristate, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Tin Oxide, Ethylhexylglycerin, Propylene Carbonate, Carmine (CI 75470), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.