ColourPop Parasol Super Shock Cheek Highlighter ($8.00 for 0.15 oz.) is a soft, golden copper with warm undertones and a metallic sheen. It had opaque pigmentation applied with fingertips (as described) and more medium, buildable coverage when applied with a brush. The consistency was smooth, felt slightly wet to the touch, and had an ultra-light feel on the skin. I had no trouble patting on the color with fingertips for even, diffused application that lasted well for 10 hours on me. This shade is a repromote/returned shade.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Laura Geller Ballerina (P, $26.00) (90% similar).
- Becca Guava/Moonstone (P, $27.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- NARS Jubilation (Right) (PiP, ) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Lethal Cosmetics Flare (P, $18.00) is less shimmery, cooler (95% similar).
- Huda Beauty Rich #2 (PiP, ) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- ColourPop Acting Up (P, $8.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- NYX Gold Rush (P, $6.99) is darker (95% similar).
- Becca Rose Gold (LE, $38.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Surratt Beauty Angelique (P, $32.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Sephora Secretive (19) (P, $14.00) is lighter (95% similar).
$10.00/0.15 oz. - $66.67 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "buildable" coverage and can be applied with fingertips (which will yield "higher coverage") or a brush (for sheerer coverage). It's a cream-based product that has a subtle, "wet" feel to it but never has the thickness of a true cream-based blush.
It goes on with the smoothness of a cream formulation but diffuses and blends (without lifting up one's base) more like a powder product. The product sets to a powder finish, so the product won't slide around during the day.
On me, the wear tends to be between eight and 10 hours. Most shades have medium, buildable pigmentation with some being semi-opaque to opaque on occasion. They are typically blendable, easy to use, and long-wearing.
Browse all of our ColourPop Super Shock Cheek (Highlighter) swatches.