ColourPop Parallel Super Shock Cheek ($8.00 for 0.15 oz.) is a bright, medium peony pink with subtle, warm undertones and a golden sheen. It was more pigmented than anticipated–semi-opaque to opaque with fingertips, though it was easily sheered down for more medium coverage as I blended and spread the product across my skin–and truer to the medium, buildable coverage claim when applied with a stippling brush. The texture felt wetter than most of the Super Shock Cheeks, but it was incredibly easy to diffuse and blend out on my skin. It dried down and set, but it did not lose its luminous finish. On me, it wore well for 10 hours before fading slightly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Give Me Glow Pink Moscato Wasted (P, $17.25) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- ColourPop Boba (DC, $8.00) is lighter, brighter, cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop GOAT (LE, $10.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Bicoastal (Bottom) (LE, ) is less shimmery, darker (85% similar).
- MAC Into the Pink (P, $31.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- Ciate Baby Doll (P, $26.00) is less shimmery (85% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Sangria Sunset (PiP, $36.00) is lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Becca Camellia (DC, $34.00) is lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Becca Foxglove (DC, $34.00) is darker (85% similar).
- ColourPop U Got Mail (LE, $10.00) is less shimmery, cooler (85% similar).
$10.00/0.15 oz. - $66.67 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "buildable" coverage and can be applied with fingertips (which will yield "higher coverage") or a brush (for sheerer coverage). It's a cream-based product that has a subtle, "wet" feel to it but never has the thickness of a true cream-based blush.
It goes on with the smoothness of a cream formulation but diffuses and blends (without lifting up one's base) more like a powder product. The product sets to a powder finish, so the product won't slide around during the day.
On me, the wear tends to be between eight and 10 hours. Most shades have medium, buildable pigmentation with some being semi-opaque to opaque on occasion. They are typically blendable, easy to use, and long-wearing.
Browse all of our ColourPop Super Shock Cheek (Highlighter) swatches.
Dimethicone, Alumina, Isononyl Isononanoate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Isopropyl Myristate, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Tin Oxide, Ethylhexylglycerin, Propylene Carbonate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Palmitic Acid, Mica (CI 77019), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.