ColourPop Palatial Pressed Powder Blush ($10.00 for 0.13 oz.) is a brighter, medium orange-coral with moderate, warm undertones and a matte finish. It appeared darker and brighter when swatched (and applied to cheeks) than as seen in the pan.
The texture was soft, smooth, and silky without being too powdery nor too firmly-pressed into the pan. It had opaque color payoff in a single layer, so one would need to use a light hand and/or a less-dense brush to achieve the buildable coverage marketed for this formula. It’s frequently the “downside” to this formula: it’s often more pigmented than described. It wore well for eight and a half hours before fading a bit.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Cover FX Spiced Cinnamon (Left) (PiP, ) is darker (95% similar).
- ColourPop Ex (LE, $5.00) is cooler (95% similar).
- Dior Coral Flight (462) (LE, $46.00) is more shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
- Tarte Mod (LE, $29.00) is more shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Nude Glow (Center) (LE, ) is brighter (95% similar).
- KIKO 108 Orange Coral (DC, $12.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Chanel Blush Camelia Peche (LE, $45.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Viseart Ablaze (Blush) (PiP, ) is cooler (90% similar).
- Tarte Genuine (LE, $29.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- ColourPop Soo Mature (LE, $4.50) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
$8.00/0.13 oz. - $61.54 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to go on "smoothly" and have a "natural and healthy flush" that has "long wear" and "can be layered to your desired intensity." It is a lightly to moderately powdery powder blush with semi-sheer to semi-opaque, buildable color payoff. The consistency has a drier, thinner feel and though it feels silky to the touch, I found it the type of powder blush can be tricky to blend out evenly on the skin, depending on one's skin type or base preferences. The drier the skin/base, the better the formula would blend, but any natural oils or slip caused the blush to go on unevenly and was difficult to blend out. The wear was between seven and eight hours on me on average.
Browse all of our ColourPop Pressed Powder Blush swatches.
talc, boron nitride, nylon-12, magnesium stearate, zinc stearate, hydrogenated polyisobutene, distarch phosphate, ethylhexyl palmitate, hydrolyzed theobroma cacao seed butter, phenoxyethanol, dimethicone, caprylyl glycol, octocrylene, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, ethylhexylglycerin, hexylene glycol, tocopheryl acetate, quercetin. may contain: bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), mica (ci 77019), red 6 (ci 15850), red 7 (ci 15850), red 7 lake (ci 15850), red 27 lake (ci 45410), red 28 lake (ci 45410), red 40 lake (ci 16035), titanium dioxide (ci 77891), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.