My Sun and Stars
ColourPop My Sun and Stars Pressed Powder Blush ($7.00 for 0.21 oz.) is a bright, medium-dark pink-coral with subtle, warm undertones to its base and warmer, golden shimmer throughout. It had more of a luminous sheen–glowing but not overly shimmery–that sat well on my skin. The texture was soft, a little powdery in the pan, but finely-milled and blendable to work with. It had nearly opaque pigmentation, which was beyond the “buildable” quality expected from the formula, but some may enjoy that extra starting pigmentation. It wore well for eight and a half hours on me before fading noticeably.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Clinique Peach Pop (02) (P, $21.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Make Up For Ever B302 (P, $23.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- NARS Make You Mine (LE, $30.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Warm (Winter 2016) Blush (LE, $60.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- MAC Supercontinental (LE, $24.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Clinique Melon Pop (P, $21.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Chanel Sunkiss Ribbon (LE, $70.00) is less shimmery, more muted (90% similar).
- NARS Bowery (LE, $30.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Lines & Last Night (502) (P, $42.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Melt Cosmetics Buzz (PiP, ) is warmer (90% similar).
$8.00/0.13 oz. - $61.54 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to go on "smoothly" and have a "natural and healthy flush" that has "long wear" and "can be layered to your desired intensity." It is a lightly to moderately powdery powder blush with semi-sheer to semi-opaque, buildable color payoff. The consistency has a drier, thinner feel and though it feels silky to the touch, I found it the type of powder blush can be tricky to blend out evenly on the skin, depending on one's skin type or base preferences. The drier the skin/base, the better the formula would blend, but any natural oils or slip caused the blush to go on unevenly and was difficult to blend out. The wear was between seven and eight hours on me on average.
Browse all of our ColourPop Pressed Powder Blush swatches.
Talc, Boron Nitride, Nylon-12, Silica, Magnesium Stearate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Ethylhexyl Palmitate , Zinc Stearate, Distarch Phosphate , Hydrolyzed Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Octocrylene, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate , Quercetin, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Mica (CI 77019), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891),Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.