Lunar Has It
Colour Pop Lunar Has It Pressed Powder Blush ($7.00 for 0.21 oz.) is a soft, light-medium orange with warm, peachy undertones and a semi-matte finish. It had opaque pigmentation in a single layer with a soft, smooth consistency that wasn’t powdery nor too firmly pressed in the pan. The formula felt more finely-milled compared to past ColourPop blushes–more like a blend between their pressed highlighters and pressed blushes to me. The blush formula is supposed to be buildable, though, and you can definitely use a lighter hand with it to achieve more buildable coverage, I’d never describe it as such–it is quite pigmented. It applied well, blended out easily, and lasted for eight and a half hours on me.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Colour Pop 2 Cool 4 School (LE, $8.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Viseart Orange #1 (PiP, ) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Kinky (DC, $26.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- MAC Blazing Haute (LE, $27.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Kosas Tropic Equinox (Blush) (PiP, ) is more shimmery, darker, more muted (85% similar).
- MAC Honey Jasmine (LE, $24.00) is more shimmery, brighter (85% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Fuego Flush (P, $20.00) is more shimmery, lighter, brighter (85% similar).
- Guerlain Orange Blush (LE, ) is more shimmery, brighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Colour Pop Dash Zero (P, $8.00) is lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- NARS Get Lost (LE, $30.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (85% similar).
$10.00/0.13 oz. - $76.92 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to go on "smoothly" and have a "natural and healthy flush" that has "long wear" and "can be layered to your desired intensity." It is a lightly to moderately powdery powder blush with semi-sheer to semi-opaque, buildable color payoff. The consistency has a drier, thinner feel and though it feels silky to the touch, I found it the type of powder blush can be tricky to blend out evenly on the skin, depending on one's skin type or base preferences. The drier the skin/base, the better the formula would blend, but any natural oils or slip caused the blush to go on unevenly and was difficult to blend out. The wear was between seven and eight hours on me on average.
Browse all of our Colour Pop Pressed Powder Blush swatches.
Talc, Boron Nitride, Nylon-12, Magnesium Stearate, Zinc Stearate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Distarch Phosphate , Ethylhexyl Palmitate , Hydrolyzed Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Octocrylene, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate , Quercetin, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).