ColourPop Lantern Fest Super Shock Cheek (Highlighter) ($8.00 for 0.15 oz.) is a medium, golden peach with warmer undertones and a smooth, luminous sheen. It had more buildable coverage applied with a stippling brush and more opaque coverage applied with fingertips, as marketed.
The texture was smooth, lightly emollient to the touch, but it turned to a more powder-like finish and feel when it came into contact with skin. The highlighter applied evenly to bare skin as well as over foundation as it wasn’t prone to lifting it up. It stayed on nicely for nine and a half hours before fading visibly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- ColourPop Beach Party (LE, $10.00) is cooler (95% similar).
- Milk Makeup Blitzed (P, $28.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (95% similar).
- Sleek MakeUP Equinox (PiP, ) is more shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- Becca Opal Flashes Jade (LE, $34.00) is more shimmery, cooler (95% similar).
- Dior #001 (DC, $56.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Romance Light (LE, $45.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Pretty Vulgar Glow Up (P, $32.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Soleil d'Ambre (Highlighter) (LE, ) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Lancome Rose Twinkle #3 (LE, ) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Pat McGrath Lunar Nude (LE, $60.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
$10.00/0.15 oz. - $66.67 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "buildable" coverage and can be applied with fingertips (which will yield "higher coverage") or a brush (for sheerer coverage). It's a cream-based product that has a subtle, "wet" feel to it but never has the thickness of a true cream-based blush.
It goes on with the smoothness of a cream formulation but diffuses and blends (without lifting up one's base) more like a powder product. The product sets to a powder finish, so the product won't slide around during the day.
On me, the wear tends to be between eight and 10 hours. Most shades have medium, buildable pigmentation with some being semi-opaque to opaque on occasion. They are typically blendable, easy to use, and long-wearing.
Browse all of our ColourPop Super Shock Cheek (Highlighter) swatches.
dimethicone, synthetic fluorphlogopite, alumina, isononyl isononanoate, trimethylsiloxysilicate, dimethicone crosspolymer, ethylhexyl isononanoate, isopropyl myristate, vinyl dimethicone/methicone silsesquioxane crosspolymer, phenoxyethanol, stearalkonium hectorite, ethylhexylglycerin, propylene carbonate, tin oxide, carmine (ci 75470), iron oxides (ci 77491), iron oxides (ci 77492), mica (ci 77019), titanium dioxide (ci 77891).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.