It's My Party
ColourPop It’s My Party Super Shock Shadow ($6.00 for 0.07 oz.) is a slightly muted, light-medium copper with moderate, warm undertones and lighter, gold and aqua flecks of sparkle throughout a shiny, metallic finish.
- Opaque pigmentation in one layer
- Emollient to the touch, lightweight and thin
- Blendable, easy to apply with fingertip or flat, firm brush
- Turned powder-like once in contact with skin
- Long-wearing formula on average (10 hours)
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Charlotte Tilbury The Queen of Glow #1 (PiP, ) is darker (95% similar).
- Huda Beauty Sand Haze #1 (PiP, ) is darker (95% similar).
- Urban Decay Hold 'Em (PiP, $19.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- NABLA Cosmetics Anomalia (PiP, ) is more shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Suspicion #2 (PiP, ) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Smokey Eyes are Forever Love Eyes Smoke (LE, ) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Pat McGrath Entice (LE, $25.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Sephora Sandcastle (PiP, ) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Dumb Luck (P, $19.00) is less shimmery, darker (85% similar).
- Huda Beauty Caramel Brown #5 (PiP, ) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (85% similar).
$6.00/0.07 oz. - $85.71 Per Ounce
ColourPop Super Shock Shadow is a cream-based formula that comes in a multitude of shades and finishes. The more metallic shades have the most slip to them (they have a “wetter” feel), while the more matte ones have a firmer, more clay-like consistency. Almost every shade I’ve tried from ColourPop has been exceptionally long-wearing (10+ hours of wear, usually there until I remove, even 14 hours later). The pigmentation can vary from shade to shade, but the average shade is quite pigmented.
From feedback I’ve seen from readers, many love them but some don’t like them at all. They aren’t a traditional cream eyeshadow, as they are denser (more sponge-like), and they apply best with flat, firm, synthetic brushes (I like the MAC 242 and 249) for me. The brand recommends using fingers for the most pigmented application, but I’ve only felt that fingers were necessary on a few shades (usually the super glittery ones).
The more matte shades can be on the drier side and vary from medium to opaque in coverage, though they're often buildable. They can be a little hard to diffuse the edges of, though some are lovely to work with.
The more glittery shades have been the weakest to me, as they can be sheerer or harder to apply. Sometimes, they are more pigmented and work like the other finishes in the formula, but often, they are sheerer and only function well patted on top of more pigmented eyeshadows to add glitter. They do, however, tend to have little fallout over time with the occasional shade having a more moderate amount of fallout (but still less fallout than most powder eyeshadows with glitter).
Browse all of our ColourPop Super Shock Shadow swatches.
Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Boron Nitride, Isododecane, Alumina, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, C30-45 Alkyl Cetearyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Cyclohexasiloxane, Aluminum Calcium Sodium Silicate, Silica, Dimethicone/vinyltrimethylsiloxysilicate Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Glycine Soja (soybean) Oil, Tin Oxide, Mangifera Indica (mango) Seed Butter, Propylene Carbonate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Cucumis Sativus (cucumber) Fruit Extract. May Contain: Blue 1 Lake (ci 42090), Chromium Oxide Greens (ci 77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (ci 77510), Iron Oxides (ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Manganese Violet (ci 77742), Mica (ci 77019), Red 40 Lake (ci 16035), Titanium Dioxide (ci 77891), Yellow 5 Lake (ci 19140).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.