ColourPop Fire Super Shock Cheek (Highlighter) ($8.00 for 0.15 oz.) is a medium-dark, peachy gold with strong, warm orange undertones and a pearly sheen. It was a subtle, highlighting blush on my light-medium skin, but those who are medium or deeper will find it a true highlighter while fairer complexions will find it adds noticeable color and warmth. The texture was smooth, lightly emollient and a touch wet to the touch that presses down like a sponge.
It yielded more opaque color coverage when applied with fingertips and more buildable coverage when applied with brushes, which is how the formula is marketed. The highlighter applied evenly to bare skin and barely needed to be blended as it just went on so nicely. It had a moderate sheen and slight shimmer but didn’t accentuate my skin’s natural texture. It wore well for 10 hours without fading on me.
This shade launches on July 26th at 10AM PST.
- MAC Highlighter (LE, $34.00) is cooler (95% similar).
- ColourPop Highly Waisted (P, $8.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Cle de Peau Sand Beige (13) (P, $55.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Morphe Spark (P, $14.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Smashbox Shimmer (LE, ) is lighter (90% similar).
- Kosas Velvet Melon (High Intensity) (Highlighter) (PiP, ) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- bareMinerals The Premiere (LE, $26.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Natasha Denona Love Glow (Glow Impact Powder) (PiP, $42.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- MAC Faintly Fabulous (LE, $34.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- ColourPop Morning After (PiP, $8.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).