ColourPop Fire Super Shock Cheek (Highlighter) ($8.00 for 0.15 oz.) is a medium-dark, peachy gold with strong, warm orange undertones and a pearly sheen. It was a subtle, highlighting blush on my light-medium skin, but those who are medium or deeper will find it a true highlighter while fairer complexions will find it adds noticeable color and warmth. The texture was smooth, lightly emollient and a touch wet to the touch that presses down like a sponge.
It yielded more opaque color coverage when applied with fingertips and more buildable coverage when applied with brushes, which is how the formula is marketed. The highlighter applied evenly to bare skin and barely needed to be blended as it just went on so nicely. It had a moderate sheen and slight shimmer but didn’t accentuate my skin’s natural texture. It wore well for 10 hours without fading on me.
This shade launches on July 26th at 10AM PST.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- MAC Highlighter (LE, $34.00) is cooler (95% similar).
- ColourPop Highly Waisted (P, $10.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Cle de Peau Sand Beige (13) (P, $55.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Kevyn Aucoin Starlight (Sahara) (PiP, $44.00) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Natasha Denona Love Glow (Glow Impact Powder) (PiP, $42.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Chanel Warm Gold (20) (P, $58.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Morphe Spark (P, $14.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Smashbox Shimmer (LE, ) is lighter (90% similar).
- bareMinerals The Premiere (LE, $26.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Faintly Fabulous (LE, $34.00) is lighter (90% similar).
$10.00/0.15 oz. - $66.67 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "buildable" coverage and can be applied with fingertips (which will yield "higher coverage") or a brush (for sheerer coverage). It's a cream-based product that has a subtle, "wet" feel to it but never has the thickness of a true cream-based blush.
It goes on with the smoothness of a cream formulation but diffuses and blends (without lifting up one's base) more like a powder product. The product sets to a powder finish, so the product won't slide around during the day.
On me, the wear tends to be between eight and 10 hours. Most shades have medium, buildable pigmentation with some being semi-opaque to opaque on occasion. They are typically blendable, easy to use, and long-wearing.
Browse all of our ColourPop Super Shock Cheek (Highlighter) swatches.