Boy Next Door
ColourPop Boy Next Door Pressed Powder Highlighter ($8.00 for 0.23 oz.) is a light-medium gold with warm, orange undertones and a sparkling, metallic finish. It had good pigmentation, but the texture was incredibly soft and loosely pressed, which resulted in a lot of product coming away from the pan at once with a tendency to clump up as it was still a creamier, thicker powder.
I found that using a denser face brush and tapping picked up product the most evenly without over-doing it. This way, when I applied it to the skin, I was able to get good coverage and a smooth, even application that blended nicely around the edges. It wore well for eight hours on me.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Persona Zuma (P, $24.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- ColourPop Bigger and Better (LE, $12.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Illamasqua Rush (P, ) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Dose of Colors Fuego (LE, $28.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Milani Bronze Splendore (P, $10.99) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Make Up For Ever #02 (P, $39.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Becca Opal (P, $19.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- MAC Rosy Cheer (LE, ) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Rose Inc Prismatic (P, $36.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- LORAC Fearless (LE, $23.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
$12.00/0.21 oz. - $57.14 Per Ounce
The powder highlighter is supposed to have a "high-shine" finish with "high colour intensity." In general, ColourPop's pressed highlighter powders have a smooth, moderately dense texture that was soft enough to be picked up easily by a brush but not kick up any powder in the pan. The formula was semi-opaque to opaque but easily sheered out for less shine and coverage if desired. There were a few shades within the range that emphasized my skin's natural texture slightly but most did not. The wear ranged from seven and a half hours to nine hours.
Browse all of our ColourPop Pressed Powder Highlighter swatches.
BORON NITRIDE, DIMETHICONE, ZINC STEARATE, PTFE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, SILICA, HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER, PHENOXYETHANOL, DIMETHICONOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, TIN OXIDE, BLUE 1 LAKE (CI 42090), MICA (CI 77019), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891)
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.