Boy Next Door
ColourPop Boy Next Door Pressed Powder Highlighter ($8.00 for 0.23 oz.) is a light-medium gold with warm, orange undertones and a sparkling, metallic finish. It had good pigmentation, but the texture was incredibly soft and loosely pressed, which resulted in a lot of product coming away from the pan at once with a tendency to clump up as it was still a creamier, thicker powder.
I found that using a denser face brush and tapping picked up product the most evenly without over-doing it. This way, when I applied it to the skin, I was able to get good coverage and a smooth, even application that blended nicely around the edges. It wore well for eight hours on me.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Persona Zuma (P, $24.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Colour Pop Bigger and Better (LE, $8.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Illamasqua Rush (P, ) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Dose of Colors Fuego (LE, $28.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Dior Transatlantique (LE, $58.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Becca Sunstone (LE, $38.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Meet Me on the Other Side (LE, $10.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Physicians Formula Champagne (P, $10.99) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Make Up For Ever #02 (P, $39.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Chanel Ivory Gold (10) (P, $58.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
$8.00/0.23 oz. - $34.78 Per Ounce
The powder highlighter is supposed to have a "high-shine" finish with "high colour intensity." In general, ColourPop's pressed highlighter powders have a smooth, moderately dense texture that was soft enough to be picked up easily by a brush but not kick up any powder in the pan. The formula was semi-opaque to opaque but easily sheered out for less shine and coverage if desired. There were a few shades within the range that emphasized my skin's natural texture slightly but most did not. The wear ranged from seven and a half hours to nine hours.
Browse all of our Colour Pop Pressed Powder Highlighter swatches.
BORON NITRIDE, DIMETHICONE, ZINC STEARATE, PTFE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, SILICA, HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER, PHENOXYETHANOL, DIMETHICONOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, TIN OXIDE, BLUE 1 LAKE (CI 42090), MICA (CI 77019), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891)