ColourPop Bits and Pieces Pressed Powder Bronzer Review, Photos, Swatches
Bits and Pieces
ColourPop Bits and Pieces Pressed Powder Bronzer ($8.00 for 0.23 oz.) is a dark, rosy brown with subtle, golden micro-shimmer over a mostly matte finish. It had good pigmentation, which was buildable to full coverage with a second layer. The powder was soft, slightly thin and a little powdery to the touch, but it blended out easily on the skin and sat well on it, as it did not emphasize my skin’s natural texture nor did it appear dry or flat. On me, the bronzer stayed on well for eight and a half hours before fading slightly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Giorgio Armani Deep Brown (22) (P, $38.00) is less shimmery, cooler (95% similar).
- Gucci Beauty Dark (05) (P, $62.00) is darker, warmer (95% similar).
- Pat McGrath Burnished Honey (P, $39.00) is less shimmery, warmer (95% similar).
- Jouer Sunglow (PiP, ) is less shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
- Rare Beauty True Warmth (P, $26.00) is less shimmery, warmer (95% similar).
- MAC Rich Rosy (P, $35.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- NARS Unleashed (LE, ) is lighter (90% similar).
- Jouer Sungaze (PiP, ) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- ILIA Songbird (P, $34.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Tarte Crown (PiP, ) is lighter (90% similar).
$8.00/0.25 oz. - $32.00 Per Ounce
ColourPop's Pressed Powder Bronzer is supposed to have a "super velvety-soft" feel that yields a "natural tanned glow." There was no mention of coverage, but the brand's promotional swatches showed full coverage. The bronzers had a soft, silky texture that was slightly powdery in the pan but tended to apply with ease, blended out nicely, and sat well on the skin. The majority of the shades seemed to have a semi-matte to satin finish, which helped them glide on and appear more natural (in finish) on the skin. The wear ranged from eight to eight and a half hours on me.
Browse all of our ColourPop Pressed Powder Bronzer swatches.
TALC, NYLON-12, ZINC STEARATE, SILICA, POLYETHYLENE, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, DIMETHICONE, LAUROYL LYSINE, PHENOXYETHANOL, PTFE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.
Comments on this post are closed.
I like the reddish undertone. It puts me in mind of two favs: Benefit Dallas and Bobbi Brown Telluride.
I was just thinking that this looks like Becca’s Maui Nights. I think I’ll have to pick this one up!
Another hit! Getting this one, too! Especially for the summer into fall transition. Not that we really have that here, but hey. Puts me in the last waning days of summer mood anyhow.
Wow, this will look beautiful on darker skintones!
Pretty shade for fall!
I kind of like the tone!