Clionadh Cremait Powder Highlighter ($12.50 for 0.21 oz.) is a very light, white gold that is “cooler” and looks almost greenish against my skin. It had a more metallic finish, which emphasized my skin texture slightly when worn at higher coverage.
The texture was soft, smooth, and blendable with a moderately dense feel that wasn’t overly fragile nor too firmly-pressed into the pan, so I could use fan brushes as well as denser brushes with it. It had opaque pigmentation, which seemed higher than marketed (“buildable”), so you’ll want to use a lighter touch if that’s your preferred application method. It wore well for eight and a half hours before showing signs of fading.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- MAC Sky's the Limit (LE, $37.00) is less shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- Makeup Atelier Honey Brown #1 (P, ) is less shimmery, warmer (95% similar).
- Chanel Duo de Camelias (Right) (LE, $70.00) is less shimmery, warmer (95% similar).
- Anastasia Helia (PiP, ) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Cover FX Mirage (P, $44.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- ColourPop Extra (LE, $8.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- LORAC Dance 'Til Dawn Eyeshadow #2 (LE, $19.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Becca Pearl Flashes Gold (LE, $34.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Zoeva Glowing Still (PiP, ) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Dior Eternal Gold #3 (LE, ) is warmer (90% similar).
$12.50/0.21 oz. - $59.52 Per Ounce
There's not much that describes the formula other than it has a "soft, buildable application." They tended to be quite pigmented--semi-opaque to fully opaque--with soft, smoother textures that weren't too dense nor too softly-pressed into the pan. For sheerer or more buildable application, I'd highly recommend using a lighter hand a less-dense brush to do so.
The texture was typically smooth, slightly dense and a bit thicker than most powder highlighters on the market, so they often needed to be really buffed and diffused on the skin. The finishes were often more intense, leaning toward metallic, and occasionally, they emphasized my skin's natural texture when worn at higher coverage levels. They wore between eight and nine hours on me for the most part.
Browse all of our Clionadh Powder Highlighter swatches.
Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Tin Oxide, Iron Oxides, +/- Ultramarines, +/- Chromium Oxide Green, +/- Ferric Ferrocyanide, +/- Bismuth Oxychloride, +/- Manganese Violet, Zinc Stearate, Calcium Carbonate, Kaolin, Silica, Allantoin, Magnesium Stearate, Isopropyl Myristate, Caprylic/ Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone