Clionadh Ceres Powder Highlighter ($12.50 for 0.21 oz.) is a medium gold with strong, warm undertones and a metallic sheen. It was richly pigmented where a little went a long way, which some may like, but it wasn’t as described (which was intended to be more buildable). You’ll want to use a lighter touch when picking up product and/or a less-dense brush (like a fan brush) to achieve more buildable coverage.
The texture was soft, smooth, and lightly creamy with a smidgen of powderiness in the pan but it applied evenly and blended out effortlessly. It had a very intense, metallic glow that emphasized my skin’s texture just a touch when worn at higher coverage. This shade stayed on nicely for eight and a half hours before fading visibly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Guerlain Electric Look #2 (LE, ) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Bobbi Brown Gold (LE, $46.00) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Becca Prosecco Pop (DC, $38.00) is less shimmery, more muted (90% similar).
- Make Up For Ever H106 (P, $23.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Goldgasm (P, $38.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- bareMinerals Free (P, $29.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Sydney Grace Duchess (P, $9.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Dior Warm Gold (LE, ) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Becca Prosecco Pop (P, $38.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Dior #003 (DC, $56.00) is darker (90% similar).
$12.50/0.21 oz. - $59.52 Per Ounce
There's not much that describes the formula other than it has a "soft, buildable application." They tended to be quite pigmented--semi-opaque to fully opaque--with soft, smoother textures that weren't too dense nor too softly-pressed into the pan. For sheerer or more buildable application, I'd highly recommend using a lighter hand a less-dense brush to do so.
The texture was typically smooth, slightly dense and a bit thicker than most powder highlighters on the market, so they often needed to be really buffed and diffused on the skin. The finishes were often more intense, leaning toward metallic, and occasionally, they emphasized my skin's natural texture when worn at higher coverage levels. They wore between eight and nine hours on me for the most part.
Browse all of our Clionadh Powder Highlighter swatches.
Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Tin Oxide, Iron Oxides, +/- Ultramarines, +/- Chromium Oxide Green, +/- Ferric Ferrocyanide, +/- Bismuth Oxychloride, +/- Manganese Violet, Zinc Stearate, Calcium Carbonate, Kaolin, Silica, Allantoin, Magnesium Stearate, Isopropyl Myristate, Caprylic/ Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone