Clinique Melon Pop Cheek Pop Blush ($25.00 for 0.12 oz.) is a light-medium, pink-coral with warm undertones and a luminous sheen. It had good color payoff that was easily sheered out or layered for greater intensity, but the color darkened slightly on the skin compared to how it looks in the pan (which is a bit lighter, more orange).
The texture was soft, smooth, and incredibly blendable on the skin. I’m sure I sound like a broken record, but the finish of the formula is why this blush stands out: it’s beautifully luminous with a glow that doesn’t emphasize pores. On me, this blush wore well for eight hours before fading slightly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- MAC Dainty (P, $29.00) is less shimmery, cooler (95% similar).
- MAC Cheeky Bugger (LE, $24.00) is lighter, cooler (95% similar).
- NARS Day Dream (LE, $30.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Seductive Beauty (Cheek Swish) (LE, $40.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- Tarte Unleashed (LE, $29.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Hourglass Incandescent Electra (P, $38.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Lines & Last Night (502) (P, $42.00) is more shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- Gucci Beauty Coral Flower (DC, $49.00) is darker (95% similar).
- Hourglass Diffused Heat (P, $40.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Urban Decay Score (DC, $26.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
$21.00/0.12 oz. - $175.00 Per Ounce
The formula is described as “vibrant yet natural-looking cheek colour that looks virtually powderless.” The texture was smooth, soft, and dense, so it was never powdery in the pan or on the skin. The blush had good color payoff that was easily sheered out (or you could apply less, as the denser texture makes that easy to control).
It’s the kind of texture that almost blends itself as soon as you start applying and working it onto the skin. The finish became more luminous as I blended the powder onto the skin, but it was never shiny or overly shimmery, so it always looked smooth on my skin and did not emphasize pores or my skin’s texture. Most shades lasted between eight and nine hours on me.
Browse all of our Clinique Cheek Pop Blush swatches.
Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer , Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate , Glycerin , Dicalcium Phosphate , Squalane , Ptfe , Dimethicone , Lauroyl Lysine , Ethylhexylglycerin , Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan) , Polysorbate 80 , Caprylyl Glycol , 1,2-Hexanediol , Zinc Stearate , Silica , Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate , [+/- Mica , Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850) , Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891) , Manganese Violet (Ci 77742) , Red 36 Lake (Ci 12085) , Iron Oxides (Ci 77499) , Ultramarines (Ci 77007) , Red 6 (Ci 15850) , Yellow 6 Lake (Ci 15985) , Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090) , Orange 5 (Ci 45370) , Bismuth Oxychloride (Ci 77163) , Carmine (Ci 75470) , Red 30 Lake (Ci 73360) , Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140) , Iron Oxides (Ci 77491) , Iron Oxides (Ci 77492)]