Gold Celebration Pop
Clinique Gold Celebration Pop Cheek Pop Highlighter ($25.00 for 0.1 oz.) is light-medium gold with strong, warm undertones and a luminous sheen. It had opaque pigmentation in a single layer, which applied evenly to bare skin and blended out easily. This was the “downside” to the product as it was supposed to have more buildable coverage.
The texture was smooth to the touch without any powderiness, which wasn’t a surprised as it had more of a baked-gelee formula that was denser and more firmly-pressed into the pan. This type of formula holds together better (hence the no powderiness) and tends to “melt” when buffed onto the skin, but it works best with a moderately dense brush rather than something more feathery to pick up product. It wore well for eight and a half hours before fading noticeably.
This shade has popped up on Nordstrom and Bloomingdale’s but has sold through, and it’s still available through The Bay (for Canadians). I’m not sure if (or when) it will appear anywhere else. Update on 1/13: This is now in stock at Clinique.com.
- Hourglass Champagne Flash (P, $42.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Chanel Plisse Lumiere de Chanel (LE, $70.00) is darker (95% similar).
- Tarte Exposed (P, $28.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Dior Glowing Nude (002) (LE, $58.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Incandescent (Top) (PiP, $75.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Colour Pop Strobe Globe (P, $7.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Glow (Original) (PiP, ) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Highlighting Glow (LE, ) is cooler (95% similar).
- Bobbi Brown Golden Hour (LE, $50.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- rms beauty Grande Dame (P, $38.00) is less shimmery, lighter (95% similar).