Ciate Starburst Glow-To HighlighterCiate Starburst Glow-To Highlighter ($29.00 for 0.17 oz.) is a light gold with warm undertones and a sparkling, metallic sheen. It had a high-shine finish even with a sheerer application, though it was not truly metallic until medium or greater coverage.
The formula is supposed to be an “ultra-soft luminizer” with “long-wear” and built-up to “intense, bold shimmer.” The texture was soft, smooth, and a smidgen dusty to the touch, though it did not appear dry on the skin and didn’t have much excess product kicked up in the pan after using it. It had medium coverage, which was buildable to semi-opaque coverage with two to three layers. It was easy to blend out the highlighter, and while very metallic, it seemed to reach to the point where the shine made my skin appear smooth instead of emphasizing my skin’s natural texture.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Fenty Beauty Mean Money (PiP, $36.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Looxi Beauty Bombshell (P, $7.50) is more shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- MAC Heaven in Your Smile (LE, ) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Viseart Ablaze (Highlight) (PiP, ) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Milani Summer Glow (P, $10.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Coloured Raine Selfie (P, $25.00) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (95% similar).
- Tarte Champagne (LE, ) is warmer (95% similar).
- Too Faced Warm Glow (Left) (PiP, ) is darker (95% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Fire Crystal (PiP, $36.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- ILIA Decades (P, $34.00) is darker (90% similar).
$32.00/0.17 oz. - $188.24 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to be an “ultra-soft luminizer” with “long-wear” and built-up to “intense, bold shimmer.” The powders were usually soft and blendable, though a couple were a little looser in the pan, which made them feel drier or dustier.
They were easy to blend and diffuse on the skin and lasted for eight hours, on average. The more sparkly shades emphasized my skin's natural texture a bit while the more luminous shades did not.
Browse all of our Ciate Glow-To Highlighter swatches.
Talc, Mica, Triethylhexanoin, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Silica, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Isododecane, Phenoxyethanol, Dehydroacetic Acid, Hydrated Silica, Decylene Glycol, Tin Oxide, Disodium EDTA, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.