Ciate Celestial Glow-To HighlighterCiate Celestial Glow-To Highlighter ($29.00 for 0.17 oz.) is a medium-dark gold with warm, orange undertones and a frosted, sparkling finish. The consistency was soft, a little dry in the pan, and did not bind as well when I applied and blended out the powder on my skin. I felt like the shimmer particles were larger and definitely were more prone to emphasizing my skin’s natural texture compared to the brand’s initial releases in this formula, though it certainly wasn’t the worst offender in that department and only when worn at semi-opaque or greater coverage. It had semi-opaque pigmentation that was buildable to full coverage with a second layer. The highlighter stayed on well for eight hours on me.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- ColourPop Bigger and Better (LE, $8.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Cover FX Rose Gold (LE, $34.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Melt Cosmetics Gold Ore (P, $39.00) is darker (95% similar).
- Dior Glowing Nude (002) (LE, $58.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Makeup Geek Nightlight (LE, $20.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- ILIA Stella by Starlight (P, $34.00) is less shimmery, cooler (95% similar).
- Becca Champagne Pop (P, $38.00) is more shimmery, warmer (95% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Precious Petals (LE, $4.99) is darker (95% similar).
- Dose of Colors Fuego (LE, $28.00) is darker (95% similar).
- Laura Mercier Infatuation (LE, $45.00) is darker (90% similar).
$32.00/0.17 oz. - $188.24 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to be an “ultra-soft luminizer” with “long-wear” and built-up to “intense, bold shimmer.” The powders were usually soft and blendable, though a couple were a little looser in the pan, which made them feel drier or dustier.
They were easy to blend and diffuse on the skin and lasted for eight hours, on average. The more sparkly shades emphasized my skin's natural texture a bit while the more luminous shades did not.
Browse all of our Ciate Glow-To Highlighter swatches.
Talc, Mica, Triethylhexanoin, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Silica, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Isododecane, Phenoxyethanol, Dehydroacetic Acid, Hydrated Silica, Decylene Glycol, Tin Oxide, Disodium EDTA, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.