Charlotte Tilbury Magic Star Magic Star Highlighter ($45.00 for 0.35 oz.) is a rich, medium-dark gold with strong, warm undertones and a lightly sparkling, metallic finish. It had opaque pigmentation in a single layer, while the texture was smooth to the touch, dense without being too firmly-pressed in the pan but had no powderiness at all.
It had more of the gel-powder, almost baked-like feel to it, so it played best with moderately dense brushes (over something like a fan brush, which is very feathery). It could be picked up with a lighter hand or diffused in a soft, buffing motion for sheerer coverage if preferred. The powder applied evenly and blended out nicely along the edges and didn’t emphasize my skin’s natural texture. It wore well for eight and a half hours before fading visibly on me.
- MAC Whisper of Gilt (P, $37.00) is lighter, cooler (95% similar).
- The Estee Edit 14K Glow (LE, ) is lighter, cooler (95% similar).
- Dior Midnight Wish (LE, $45.00) is less shimmery, cooler (95% similar).
- Becca Topaz Flashes Gilt (LE, $34.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- MAC Oh, Darling! (P, $37.00) is less shimmery, brighter (95% similar).
- Make Up For Ever #02 (P, $39.00) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (95% similar).
- Anastasia Dripping in Gold (LE, ) is lighter (95% similar).
- Estee Lauder Heat Wave (LE, $47.00) is lighter, cooler (95% similar).
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Gilty (LE, $49.00) is more shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
- Fenty Beauty 24Kray (P, $28.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
MICA, CETEARYL ETHYLHEXANOATE, HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER, SQUALANE, OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE, GLYCERIN, POLYSORBATE 20, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, CHONDRUS CRISPUS (CARRAGEENAN), XANTHAN GUM, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE, SILICA, DICALCIUM PHOSPHATE, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, [+/- TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)].