Chanel Rouge Esquisse (227) Coco Stylo ($37.00 for 0.07 oz.) is a brighter, medium pink-coral with subtle, warm undertones and a smattering of very fine pearl. It had mostly opaque pigmentation with a very smooth, creamy, and slippery consistency that glided on easily and was extremly comfortable to wear. The more slippery consistency showed very slight “lines” when I pressed my lips together, and I noticed a bit of color in my deeper lip lines. The shinier finish distracted from the settling, though. This shade wore well for three and a half hours and was moisturizing.
The formula is supposed to offer the “intensity of a lipstick” with the “shine of a lipgloss” and “comfort of a lip balm.” The consistency of this formula was incredibly soft and melted against the lips, so it was easy to over-apply (and subsequently, easy to run through the product!) with an emollient quality found in lip balms. In general, color coverage was semi-opaque to opaque, with wear coming in at three to five hours, depending on the shade. The formula was comfortable to wear and very hydrating both during and after wear. The downside was that these types of twist-up lipsticks (in the slim casing) tend to contain noticeably less than a standard bullet lipstick (0.10 to 0.12 oz. usually!) and the more pliant formula made it easy to reapply and run it back and forth more than necessary (for the coverage). There was a light rose scent to the formula, subtler than the Rouge Allure lipsticks, though, with no discernible taste.
- Bite Beauty #006 (LE, $36.00) is less glossy (95% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Cherry (LE, $36.00) is darker (95% similar).
- MAC Love Temple (LE, $25.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- NARS Niagara (P, $26.00) is less shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- Estee Lauder Surreal Sun (P, $30.00) is cooler (95% similar).
- Makeup Geek Giddy (P, $15.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- MAC Play It Soft (LE, $20.00) is cooler (95% similar).
- MAC King Salmon (DC, $21.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- MAC See Sheer (P, $19.50) is lighter (90% similar).
- Colour Pop City of Stars (P, $7.00) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
Chanel Fiction (222) Rouge Coco Stylo ($37.00 for 0.07 oz.) is a brighter, medium red with warm, orange undertones and a creamy, glossy finish. It had good pigmentation, though it was not opaque. The color went on evenly and smoothly without pulling into my lip lines or showing “lines” when I pressed my lips together. The texture was smooth, creamy, and quite emollient with a balm-like feel that was comfortable and hydrating. It wore well for four hours and left a very faint stain behind.
- Laura Mercier Cherry on Top (P, $25.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- NARS Future Red (LE, $26.00) is brighter (95% similar).
- MAC Night to Remember (LE, $19.50) is less glossy (95% similar).
- MAC Cherry Glaze (LE, $20.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Hourglass Lover (P, $32.00) is darker (95% similar).
- MAC Audacious (P, $23.00) is less glossy (95% similar).
- Estee Lauder Envious (P, $32.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Anna Sui Minnie Mouse (01) (LE, ) is brighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Maybelline Infra-red (DC, $7.99) is darker (90% similar).
- Chanel Arthur (440) (P, $37.00) is lighter (90% similar).