Bite Beauty Watermelon Marg Daycation Whipped BlushBite Beauty Watermelon Marg Daycation Whipped Blush ($32.00 for 0.33 oz.) is a light, pinky lavender with iridescent micro-sparkle over a matte finish. The blush lacked dimension applied, despite the sparkle, as the underlying base was so flat–definitely not “natural-looking” as marketed.
The consistency felt like a whipped mousse, and it was very quick to dry down and even quicker to sheer out, which made building up coverage a real challenge. When I tried to build up product, it resulted in a patchier application overall, and it was very prone to lifting up base products. It lasted for six hours before fading a bit.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- ColourPop Pink Velvet (PiP, $8.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- ColourPop Gumdrop Pass (LE, $8.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Kevyn Aucoin Grapevine #1 (PiP, ) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Dior Blush Pink (PiP, ) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Surratt Beauty Barbe a Papa (P, $32.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Wallaby (P, $8.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (85% similar).
- Makeup Revolution Bang Bang You're Dead (P, $5.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (85% similar).
- MAC Dilly-Dolly (LE, $31.00) is more shimmery (85% similar).
- Natasha Denona Love Glow (Diamond Powder) (PiP, ) is more shimmery (85% similar).
- Clionadh Phoenix Embers (P, $12.50) is more shimmery, lighter, brighter (80% similar).
$32.00/0.33 oz. - $96.97 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have a "natural-looking finish" with a whipped feel that is "non-cakey" and "lasts all day." The pigmentation was described as a "buildable flush," though it was more semi-sheer and hard to build up as the formula very quick-drying and harder to blend out/layer up without creating patchiness or lifting up the initial layer (or worse, one's foundation).
The pearl in each shade seemed too large, so they contributed to patchiness and the product moving around without adhering evenly. It was one of the harder cream blushes to use in more recent memory. They showed signs of fading after six hours on my cheeks.
I found the wide and squat squeeze tube to be harder to dispense product, often getting a lot of air and having to really squeeze to get product out... and other times, a barely-there squeeze dispensed more product than needed!
Browse all of our Bite Beauty Daycation Whipped Blush swatches.
Aqua/Water/Eau, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Isononyl Isononanoate, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Carbomer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Isohexadecane, Tin Oxide, Polysorbate 80, Sorbitan Oleate, Ananas Sativus (Pineapple) Fruit Extract, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Paullinia Cupana Seed Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Sorbic Acid, Tocopherol, Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.