Bite Beauty Spiced Plum Amuse Bouche Lipstick ($26.00 for 0.15 oz.) is a deep, reddish plum with warmer undertones and flecks of fuchsia, deep pink, and copper pearl and a few larger sparkles. It had semi-opaque pigmentation that went on fairly evenly but settled into my lip lines noticeably.
As lovely as the color itself was, and it was nice to see the brand incorporate shimmer into the formula, it just did not have the same consistency or quality as the formula typically does. The texture glided on without tugging but had a fair amount of slip, which contributed to the product pulling into lip lines but also made it more slippery on the lips. It lasted for four hours and was hydrating over time, but more and more color gathered in my lip lines as I wore the lipstick.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Milk Makeup Slayer (P, $24.00) is darker (95% similar).
- Estee Lauder Lies & Kisses (P, $32.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- Too Faced That Girl (LE, $22.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Sephora Voluptuous Burgundy (58) (P, $14.00) is cooler, less glossy (90% similar).
- Bite Beauty Molten Chocolate (P, $24.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- UOMA Beauty Poise (P, $26.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Seadragon (06) (LE, $53.00) is less glossy (95% similar).
- Dior Daisy Plum (976) (P, $35.00) is less shimmery, lighter, brighter (85% similar).
- Ciate Apollo (P, $22.00) is lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- KVD Beauty Mercy (P, $19.00) is lighter, cooler (85% similar).
$26.00/0.15 oz. - $173.33 Per Ounce
Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick ($26.00 for 0.15 oz.) is supposed to have “bold, creamy color” with “extreme moisture, soft texture, and creamy wear.” The majority of the range is very pigmented–typically opaque with one pass–with a few shades being semi-opaque but usually buildable.
The consistency is very lightly creamy to lightly creamy with some shades requiring light-medium pressure and can pull the lip a bit when gliding it across the lips, though the color doesn’t appear ragged and the bullet itself doesn’t feel stiff (while other shades applied without tugging, so check individual shade reviews!) The majority of the shades I’ve tested have been lightly hydrating to non-drying and fairly comfortable to wear for the long-haul. They have a herbal, lemony scent but no discernible taste. They wear longer than average, from four to eight hours, depending on the intensity and propensity of the shade to stain.
Browse all of our Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick swatches.