Bite Beauty Melon Mojito Daycation Whipped Blush ($32.00 for 0.33 oz.) is a muted, medium coral with warmer undertones and fine, pink pearl throughout. It seemed more pigmented when initially squeezed out, but it sheered out instantly in practice, so the best coverage I could achieve was semi-sheer but that was patchy. If I left it as a very sheer layer (barely visible on my skin tone), it was only lightly patchy.
The consistency felt mousse-like but was quick to dry down and did not blend out or disperse evenly, which made it hard to work with. The finish was very flat and matte, rather than “natural-looking,” and it was prone to emphasizing skin texture/dryness if present. It stayed on decently for five and a half hours before fading was noticeable.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- bareMinerals Kiss of Pink (LE, $25.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Clinique Topaz Pop (02) (P, $26.50) is darker (90% similar).
- Dior Nude Glide (468) (LE, $46.00) is more shimmery, brighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Jouer Marigold (LE, ) is more shimmery, darker (85% similar).
- MAC Peachykeen (P, $24.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (85% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Lovegasm Pop Blush (LE, ) is more shimmery, cooler (85% similar).
- Laura Mercier Peach (P, $30.00) is more shimmery (85% similar).
- NARS Orgasm X (P, $30.00) is darker, cooler (85% similar).
- NARS Hard Party (LE, $30.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (80% similar).
- NARS Bowery (LE, $30.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (80% similar).
$32.00/0.33 oz. - $96.97 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have a "natural-looking finish" with a whipped feel that is "non-cakey" and "lasts all day." The pigmentation was described as a "buildable flush," though it was more semi-sheer and hard to build up as the formula very quick-drying and harder to blend out/layer up without creating patchiness or lifting up the initial layer (or worse, one's foundation).
The pearl in each shade seemed too large, so they contributed to patchiness and the product moving around without adhering evenly. It was one of the harder cream blushes to use in more recent memory. They showed signs of fading after six hours on my cheeks.
I found the wide and squat squeeze tube to be harder to dispense product, often getting a lot of air and having to really squeeze to get product out... and other times, a barely-there squeeze dispensed more product than needed!
Browse all of our Bite Beauty Daycation Whipped Blush swatches.
Aqua/Water/Eau, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Isononyl Isononanoate, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Carbomer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Isohexadecane, Tin Oxide, Polysorbate 80, Sorbitan Oleate, Ananas Sativus (Pineapple) Fruit Extract, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Paullinia Cupana Seed Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Sorbic Acid, Tocopherol, Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.