Bite Beauty Capricorn Amuse Bouche Lipstick ($26.00 for 0.15 oz.) is a blackened purple with subtle, warm undertones and a satin finish. It had nearly opaque pigmentation with a creamy, lightly tacky consistency that was dense and thicker (but not heavy or slippery on). The color adhered evenly across my lips without dragging or tugging during application. It wore well for six and a half hours, left a pink-purple stain and was hydrating over time.
This shade will release closer to December 22nd!
- NARS Nancy (LE, $34.00) is darker, more muted, warmer (90% similar).
- Bite Beauty Black Truffle (P, $26.00) is lighter, brighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Bite Beauty Black Truffle (P, $24.00) is more shimmery, warmer (85% similar).
- Colour Pop Feminist (LE, $6.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Pat McGrath Deep Void (LE, $40.00) is more shimmery, lighter, brighter (85% similar).
- Maybelline Blackest Berry (DC, $7.49) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (80% similar).
- MAC Uniformly Fabulous (P, $21.00) is warmer, less glossy (80% similar).
- Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Pagan (DC, $18.00) (80% similar).
- Urban Decay Spellbound (LE, $18.00) is lighter, warmer (80% similar).
- Too Faced Melted Villain (P, $21.00) is lighter, warmer (80% similar).
$26.00/0.15 oz. - $173.33 Per Ounce
Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick ($26.00 for 0.15 oz.) is supposed to have “bold, creamy color” with “extreme moisture, soft texture, and creamy wear.” The majority of the range is very pigmented–typically opaque with one pass–with a few shades being semi-opaque but usually buildable.
The consistency is very lightly creamy to lightly creamy with some shades requiring light-medium pressure and can pull the lip a bit when gliding it across the lips, though the color doesn’t appear ragged and the bullet itself doesn’t feel stiff (while other shades applied without tugging, so check individual shade reviews!) The majority of the shades I’ve tested have been lightly hydrating to non-drying and fairly comfortable to wear for the long-haul. They have a herbal, lemony scent but no discernible taste. They wear longer than average, from four to eight hours, depending on the intensity and propensity of the shade to stain.
Browse all of our Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick swatches.