Bite Beauty Cancer Amuse Bouche LipstickBite Beauty Cancer Amuse Bouche Lipstick ($26.00 for 0.15 oz.) is a muted, medium mauve with cooler undertones and an almost grayish overtone. The lipstick was noticeably warmer, more like a plummy-mauve on the exterior, but as soon as I swatched it, the interior was grayer and purpler. There were moments where it appeared grayer and other times when it seemed warmer. It had opaque pigmentation with a lightly creamy, smooth consistency that felt a little softer compared to most of the brand’s lipsticks. It wore well for five and a half hours and was hydrating.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Pat McGrath Madame Greige (DC, $40.00) is warmer, less glossy (90% similar).
- Pat McGrath Modern Woman (P, $38.00) is cooler, less glossy (85% similar).
- Bite Beauty Thistle (DC, $26.00) is lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Bite Beauty Taurus (LE, $26.00) is warmer (85% similar).
- ColourPop Dopey (P, $7.00) is lighter, less glossy (85% similar).
- Tarte Salt Lyfe (P, $21.00) is warmer (85% similar).
- Makeup Geek Old Soul (P, $12.00) is darker, less glossy (85% similar).
- Too Faced Overexposed (P, $22.00) is more muted (85% similar).
- Bite Beauty Sake (DC, $26.00) is lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- ColourPop Scorpio Moon (LE, $7.00) is brighter, less glossy (85% similar).
$26.00/0.15 oz. - $173.33 Per Ounce
Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick ($26.00 for 0.15 oz.) is supposed to have “bold, creamy color” with “extreme moisture, soft texture, and creamy wear.” The majority of the range is very pigmented–typically opaque with one pass–with a few shades being semi-opaque but usually buildable.
The consistency is very lightly creamy to lightly creamy with some shades requiring light-medium pressure and can pull the lip a bit when gliding it across the lips, though the color doesn’t appear ragged and the bullet itself doesn’t feel stiff (while other shades applied without tugging, so check individual shade reviews!) The majority of the shades I’ve tested have been lightly hydrating to non-drying and fairly comfortable to wear for the long-haul. They have a herbal, lemony scent but no discernible taste. They wear longer than average, from four to eight hours, depending on the intensity and propensity of the shade to stain.
Browse all of our Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick swatches.