Bite Beauty Aquarius Amuse Bouche LipstickBite Beauty Aquarius Amuse Bouche Lipstick ($26.00 for 0.15 oz.) is a rich, medium-dark purple with strong, warm pink undertones and a satin finish. It was, in fact, quite aptly described by Bite as a “berry plum,” as I found myself looking through berry, plum, and purple for dupes and not finding as many as I wanted to find that were that similar.
The texture was dense and firm until it started to warm up against my lips, as the first stroke tugged gently, but as I glided it across my lips, it “melted” and felt creamier and delivered opaque color coverage in a single layer that applied evenly. The consistency of the lipstick was lightly creamy on but had slight tackiness, which helped it adhere for better and longer wear. It seemed to smooth out my lip lines a bit, too, which was nice to see. On me, it wore well for seven hours and was hydrating over time.
Bite has restocked this shade at least once to my knowledge, though I haven’t yet to see it stay in stock, but here’s hoping that we’ll see more restocks.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Makeup Geek Vain (P, $15.00) is darker (90% similar).
- NARS Wild Flower (DC, $28.00) is less pigmented, glossier (90% similar).
- Sephora Berry-licious (32) (P, $8.00) is darker, glossier (90% similar).
- Pat McGrath Antidote (LE, $38.00) is warmer, less glossy (95% similar).
- Shiseido Future Shock (215) (P, $26.00) is lighter (85% similar).
- Makeup Geek Charleston (LE, $12.00) is cooler, less glossy (85% similar).
- MAC Noblesse (DC, $21.00) is darker, warmer, glossier (85% similar).
- NARS Kate (P, $34.00) is lighter (85% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Saboteur (Left) (LE, ) is lighter, brighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Urban Decay Speedball (DC, $18.00) is cooler, glossier (85% similar).
$26.00/0.15 oz. - $173.33 Per Ounce
Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick ($26.00 for 0.15 oz.) is supposed to have “bold, creamy color” with “extreme moisture, soft texture, and creamy wear.” The majority of the range is very pigmented–typically opaque with one pass–with a few shades being semi-opaque but usually buildable.
The consistency is very lightly creamy to lightly creamy with some shades requiring light-medium pressure and can pull the lip a bit when gliding it across the lips, though the color doesn’t appear ragged and the bullet itself doesn’t feel stiff (while other shades applied without tugging, so check individual shade reviews!) The majority of the shades I’ve tested have been lightly hydrating to non-drying and fairly comfortable to wear for the long-haul. They have a herbal, lemony scent but no discernible taste. They wear longer than average, from four to eight hours, depending on the intensity and propensity of the shade to stain.
Browse all of our Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick swatches.