Benefit Sugarbomb (2020) Powder Blush (Mini) ($17.00 for 0.12 oz.) is a light, pinky-coral with moderate, warm undertones and a satin finish. It had medium coverage that was buildable to semi-opaque pigmentation, and the color seemed to deepen slightly when applied to my skin but also seemed to look more orange.
It had a more satin-like finish, so it didn’t read overtly shimmery and wasn’t prone to emphasizing skin texture. The powder was soft enough to the touch, but it was a thinner, drier formula compared to the previous version I have. It blended out fairly readily, but I’d recommend applying it over drier skin (whether inherently dry or after a setting powder) to improve application and color trueness. It lasted well for seven and a half hours before showing signs of fading. There was a faint, floral scent from the powder but not enough that I noticed it once applied.
Benefit recently released a “new shade, new formula” of Sugarbomb in an “exclusive mini size,” though the previous, full-sized version is still being sold on their but not at some retailers that I checked. Per the brand, the new version is supposed to have “bolder payoff” and a “rosy-pink” hue. The updated shade definitely deeper and darker, but it had less shimmer and weaker pigmentation with a thinner formula that felt a lot less creamy and silky to the touch.
The difference is less drastic, but I still felt like the different in color and finish was significant enough that giving it a new name would have made more sense (to me, obviously).
- Dior Peach Splendor (LE, $44.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Ciate Summer Love (P, $26.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- ColourPop Jolly (LE, $8.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- CoverGirl Light Rose (DC, $9.99) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Benefit Sugarbomb (PiP, $29.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Makeup Geek Romance (P, $10.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Flesh & Fantasy (506) (P, $42.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- bareMinerals The Many Splendors #2 (LE, ) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- LORAC Unimaginable (LE, ) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (85% similar).
- Jouer Touch Me (PiP, ) is lighter (85% similar).
Talc, Mica, Polyethylene, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Magnesium Myristate, Dimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Parfum (Fragrance), Boron Nitride, Lecithin, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Limonene, Bht, Retinyl Palmitate, Linalool, Aqua (Water), Hexyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Citral, Eugenol. [+/-: Ci 15850 (Red 6, Red 7, Red 7 Lake), Ci 15985 (Yellow 6, Yellow 6 Lake), Ci 19140 (Yellow 5, Yellow 5 Lake), Ci 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), Ci 45410 (Red 27, Red 27 Lake, Red 28 Lake), Ci 73360 (Red 30, Red 30 Lake), Ci 77007 (Ultramarines), Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Ci 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), Ci 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide), Ci 77742 (Manganese Violet), Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide)].
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.