Benefit Dandelion Blush Review & Swatches
Benefit Dandelion WANDERful World Silky-Soft Powder Blush ($29.00 for 0.21 oz.) is a light pink with moderate, warm undertones and a mostly matte finish. There was visible shimmer in the pan but it didn’t translate much on skin.
- Medium to mostly opaque, easily buildable
- Smooth, velvety, and finely-milled without being too firm or too powdery
- Applied evenly and seamlessly on skin, almost blended itself
- Long-wearing (8 hours)
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- KIKO 109 Candy Rose (P, $12.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Makeup by Mario Mellow Mauve (P, $24.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Sydney Grace Time Stops (P, $9.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Sydney Grace Mauve Delight (P, $9.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Flirt Alert (LE, $10.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Sephora Self-Made (P, $14.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Make Up For Ever B206 (P, $23.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Glossier Puff (P, $18.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- ColourPop Enchanted Mirror (LE, $10.00) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (85% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Violet Argente (Blush) (LE, $60.00) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (85% similar).
$29.00/0.21 oz. - $138.10 Per Ounce
The WANDERful World Blush formula is supposed to have a "silky-soft" texture that is "buildable, blendable" and feel "weightless" on the skin. The range featured finishes from matte to shimmer with less-intense variations in-between. They described the effect as "soft-focus, airbrushed," and I think that was the one aspect that stood out to me (without even having read the description) was how smooth, seamless, and soft the blushes sat on my skin.
They were medium to mostly opaque, buildable in pigmentation and felt very intuitive to use. I could use a lighter hand for sheerer coverage, a heavier hand for higher coverage, or easily build and blend to desired opacity in a way that felt quite forgiving. The consistency was finely-milled, smooth, and easy to pick up with smaller, larger, feathery, and denser brushes.
The formula lasted eight to nine hours on me with some of the richer/deeper hues with slight shimmer seeming to last a bit longer compared to the very light and more matte shades.
Browse all of our Benefit WANDERful World Silky-Soft Powder Blush swatches.
SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, MICA, ZINC STEARATE, LAURYL DIMETHICONE, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE, ALUMINA, VINYL DIMETHICONE/METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, DEHYDROACETIC ACID, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, PEARL POWDER, STEARIC ACID, LAURETH-4, AQUA (WATER), TIN OXIDE, TOCOPHEROL. [+/- CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 15850 (RED 6, RED 7 LAKE)].
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.
Dandelion is one of the true classics for lt.-med and all the way down to even the lightest of skintones, and with good reason, it’s a beautiful shade! Too light for even my winter coloring, but now that Benefit has done an expansion to their blush range, most are covered if not all. It’s about d*mn time! 🎶
Yep, this is my kind of shade – finish and rating as well. A good one.
Of all the Box o’ Powder shades that Benefit didn’t continue in this line*, Dandelion is not the shade I would’ve chosen to keep. Where are Sugarbomb and Coralista? I can’t be the only one who liked Hervana’s fun candy swirl??
* I’ll admit that Starlaa is kinda similar to Dallas, Crystah to Bella Bamba, Peachin’ is arguably *superior* to Georgia (which was nearly invisible even on me), etc. and that they’re all improved over those 2020 “revamps” they did of a couple shades.