Kiss of Rose
bareMinerals Kiss of Rose Gen Nude Blonzer Blush and BronzerbareMinerals Kiss of Rose Gen Nude Blonzer Blush and Bronzer ($25.00 for 0.13 oz.) is a medium-dark, reddish-copper with warm, rusty undertones and a metallic sheen. It had rich color payoff where a little went a long way, as the texture was yielding (but not powdery), so using a light hand and/or more feathery brush was essential to achieving buildable coverage–and that was how the formula was marketed, so it did miss the mark there.
The consistency felt smooth, velvety, and plush–dense and not at all powdery, but it picked up readily with a brush and blended out beautifully on my skin. It lasted well for nine hours before fading noticeably.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- MAC Rhubarb #2 (LE, $39.00) is darker (95% similar).
- Smashbox Rosemantic (LE, $39.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- NARS Cheek Studio III (LE, $30.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Moscow Mule (PiP, $36.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Sydney Grace Pure Love (P, $9.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Rare Beauty Captivate (P, $22.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Highlight the Truth (LE, $34.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Urban Decay PSA (LE, $26.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Lovegasm Multi-Glow (LE, ) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Ginger Binge (PiP, $36.00) is darker (90% similar).
$25.00/0.13 oz. - $192.31 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have a "silky texture that blends seamlessly and builds color effortlessly" and is a combined blush and bronzer, in terms of effect. The texture was smooth, almost cream-like--dense and a little plush to the touch but not thick or difficult to pick up with a brush. It actually yielded more product on my brush than I expected, and it's not a formula I'd describe as buildable.
These were quite pigmented and a little went a long way, so you'll want to use a lighter hand and more feathery brush to pick up product for a true, buildable application of product. They applied evenly, blended out well, and were higher shine, though they didn't emphasize my skin's natural texture. The formula stayed on well for eight to nine hours before fading visibly.
Browse all of our bareMinerals Gen Nude Blonzer Blush and Bronzer swatches.
Mica, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Diisostearyl Malate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone, Caffeine, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Boron Nitride, Silica, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Tin Oxide, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Sodium Dehydroacetate. May Contain/Peut Contenir (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Manganese Violet (Ci 77742), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.