Kiss of Pink
bareMinerals Kiss of Pink Gen Nude Blonzer Blush and Bronzer ($25.00 for 0.13 oz.) is a light-medium pink with moderate, warm undertones and slightly cooler pink pearl throughout. It had semi-opaque, buildable color coverage, which made it more in line with how the coverage was marketed (“buildable”). This shade was also less intense in its shine/shimmer compared to the others in the range.
The texture was smooth to the touch, velvety and almost creamy with how much slip it had, yet it was definitely a powder. It wasn’t too firmly nor too softly-pressed into the pan, which made it easy to pick up with a brush and blend out without losing coverage immediately. This shade showed signs of fading after eight hours on my cheeks.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Dior Rayonnante (330) (P, $46.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- Estee Lauder Lover's Blush (P, $34.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Natasha Denona Peach (PiP, ) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- NABLA Cosmetics Truth (P, $26.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Milani Luminous (DC, ) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Hourglass Incandescent Electra (P, $38.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Bite Beauty Melon Mojito (P, $32.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- NARS Bowery (LE, $30.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Tarte Extraordinary (LE, $29.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Hourglass Iridescent Rose (LE, $40.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
$25.00/0.13 oz. - $192.31 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have a "silky texture that blends seamlessly and builds color effortlessly" and is a combined blush and bronzer, in terms of effect. The texture was smooth, almost cream-like--dense and a little plush to the touch but not thick or difficult to pick up with a brush. It actually yielded more product on my brush than I expected, and it's not a formula I'd describe as buildable.
These were quite pigmented and a little went a long way, so you'll want to use a lighter hand and more feathery brush to pick up product for a true, buildable application of product. They applied evenly, blended out well, and were higher shine, though they didn't emphasize my skin's natural texture. The formula stayed on well for eight to nine hours before fading visibly.
Browse all of our bareMinerals Gen Nude Blonzer Blush and Bronzer swatches.
Mica, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Diisostearyl Malate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone, Caffeine, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Boron Nitride, Silica, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Tin Oxide, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Sodium Dehydroacetate. May Contain/Peut Contenir (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Manganese Violet (Ci 77742), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.