5-Minute Makeup Look & How to Wear Bright Lipstick
With all of the Summer Season lipsticks we’ve featured (and the many more to come!), it’s only natural to wonder how one can wear some of those vibrant, retina-burning shades. One of my favorite ways (and easiest!) is to pair whatever bright lip you want to wear with very neutral eyes.
You will need the following…
- Eyes: MAC Soft Ochre Paint Pot (neutral beige base), MAC Hey Eyeshadow (peach champagne), MAC Sorcery Eyeshadow (matte burgundy), MAC Prepped for Glamour Eyeshadow (dark taupe brown), MAC Almost Noir Pearlglide Eyeliner (burgundy-black), MAC Plushlash Mascara (black)
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (140)
- Cheeks: Chanel Terre d’or Soleil Tan de Chanel (bronzer)
- Lips: Make Up For Ever #203 Lipstick (bright pink), Illamasqua Frenzy Intense Lipgloss (bright pink)
- Brushes: 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: N/A
For eyes, start by applying Soft Ochre paint pot as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Using the 239, apply Hey eyeshadow all over the eyelid. Next, apply Sorcery eyeshadow on the outer third of the eyelid and lightly blend with the outer crease. Lightly blend Prepped for Glamour eyeshadow, with the 239, on the outer corner and lid. Lightly tap and brush Hey eyeshadow directly above the crease to soften. To finish the eyeshadow look, sweep Heyeyeshadow as a highlighter on the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Almost Noir pearlglide liner on the lower lash line and finish by sweeping lashes with Plushlash mascara.
For cheeks, apply Terre d’or to the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply #203 lipstick first, and then layer Frenzy lipgloss for a complementing lip.
Check out more photos!