MAC Magic, Mirth, & Mischief Review: Smoke & Mirrors Eye Shadows Photos, Swatches
6 Smoke & Mirrors Eye Shadows
MAC Magic, Mirth, & Mischief Review: Smoke & Mirrors Eye Shadows
A good smoky eye palette is never a bad thing to have on hand. It’s useful, easy to travel with, and it’s classic. I’m not loving this year’s version of the smoky eye palette, because it’s more of a brownish eye, and I’ve always felt the classic smoky eye is monochromatic. I still hold that last year’s was better. (And I still contend that you can make your own smoky eyeshadow quad with permanent MAC eyeshadows just as well.)
6 Smoke & Mirrors Eye Shadows ($36.00 U.S.)
- Fire In Her Eyes is a super soft, slightly sheer beige with a light frost finish. In the swatch, you can tell it hardly shows up on my skin without a base. It’ll make a nice highlight, though.
- Wide-Eyed Wonder is kind of a taupe-y brown with a reddish touch. There’s nothing about this shade that makes it jump off the page for me.
- Black Magique is a velvety smooth deep dark black with brown tones. It has slight gold shimmer, but it’s hardly noticeable.
- Spell No. 9 is a satiny neutral pink. It’s sheer, and it doesn’t do much for me.
- Deception is a sheer, glittery copper bronze. Even though it’s a frost finish, it had more of a lustre feel to me.
- Smoke & Mirrors is a cool-toned chocolate brown with a little gray sheen.
I”m not sold on this year’s. It reads more like a neutral eye palette than a smoky eye palette to me. It’s useful, and the colors are easily worn by many, so in that aspect, it’s a solid choice for those looking for a go-to palette.
- Product: 24/30
- Value: 9/10
- Ease of Use: 4/5
- Packaging: 4/5
See photos and swatches…
6 Smoke & Mirrors Eye Shadows: Fire In Her Eyes, Wide-Eyed Wonder, Black Magique, Spell No. 9, Deception, Smoke & Mirrors
6 Smoke & Mirrors Eye Shadows: Fire In Her Eyes, Wide-Eyed Wonder, Black Magique
6 Smoke & Mirrors Eye Shadows: Spell No. 9, Deception, Smoke & Mirrors
Please do not redistribute or repost these images without permission. If you want to share, please link back to this post instead! Thank you!