MAC Hello Kitty Collection Review & Thoughts
$800 worth of Hello Kitty!
OVERALL, Hello Kitty was more exciting than I anticipated! I must preface the review saying I’m not a Hello Kitty fan (I’m indifferent–it’s not that I dislike her or anything!), so this collection’s theme wasn’t going to draw me in. Preliminary images, swatches, photos, etc. just didn’t get me going, but swatching everything and handling the products in real life made me find several things worth liking. All in all, I was pleasantly surprised I knew I’d love the beauty powder blushes, because they always have amazing texture and subtle sheen, but I didn’t think I’d like the lipglasses or the glitter liners and I did. The glitter liners are made just for Hello Kitty, but they don’t have special packaging (I wonder if they’re too thin for it) but they’re quite pigmented! The tinted lip conditioners must not be overlooked by those who don’t wear full makeup all the time or like some light lips from time to time either!
Must-Haves: Strayin’ and Most Popular Lipsticks; Fun & Games and Tippy Beauty Powder Blushes; She Loves Candy and Sweet Strawberry Lipglass; Popster Tinted Lip Conditioner
Nice-to-Haves: Fashion Mews Lipstick, Nice To Be Nice and Mimmy Lipglasses; Pink Fish Tinted Lip Conditioner; Deep Blue Green Pigment, Glitter Eyeliners
Skip: Reflects Glitters, Cute Ster, Fast Friends
See in-depth reviews, product by product…
Lucky Tom Eyeshadow Palette
- Creme Royale is a yellowish gold-wheat kind of color. It’s a pretty shade, and it has come out before (in a holiday palette, I believe), so you might want to check to see if you have it already! It’s not as frosty or as white as Nylon — less yellow than Rose Blanc.
- Paradisco is a peachy shade with gold sheen, and it is part of the regular eyeshadow line, so if you were lovin’ this palette for this shade, get it on its own an save some money! Paradisco does have a finnicky texture, as well (which is why I don’t own it).
- Stylin’ is a cool purple color; kind of like Parfait Amour but without all the shimmer. It’s a bit chalky, which means less than great pay off.
- Lucky Tom is a super dark brown-back color, and it has the same feel as Stylin’: chalky and not easy to swatch.
Too Dolly Eyeshadow Palette
- Yogurt is a light, pale pink color. It’s part of the permanent line as far as I can remember.
- Too Dolly is a pale aqua-teal shade, goes on a little chalky for me–reminds me of Meadowland.
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/tempt/public_html/wp-content/themes/myTemptalia/single.php on line 72