The Best of the Best, Volume #010
It’s been a good–but tiring–week! I’m still getting over this forever lingering cough, but at least I no longer sound like I’m infected with the worst cold/flu ever! People aren’t running away from me any more
What are your weekend plans? Mine are…
My weekend is gonna suck. Seriously. There is nothing promising about this weekend other than the brief moment in time that I’ll spend with my family to celebrate my Mom’s birthday and see my sister (who’s typically away at college) simultaneously. But otherwise? I’ve got a 35 page paper to crank out on Behavioral Advertising and Privacy! Wish me luck–I need it!
This Week’s 5 Most Popular Posts
- Tutorial: Black Smoky Eye was a popular post this week, despite being borderline ancient, and I suspect it was primarily boosted up by those on the hunt for a Halloween smoky eye!
- MAC Mischief Makers Collection has finally debuted in-store and online — get your sets!
- Martha’s Lady Gaga Look was really quite lovely and well-excuted — looks like you thought so, too!
- MAC in Lillyland Collection is a collaboration between MAC and Lilly Pulitzer coming in early 2010.
- CoverGirl’s Latest “Blast” Edition – Smoky ShadowBlast looks and acts kind of like a MAC shadestick and are now available for pre-sale.
This Week’s 5 Most Discussed Posts
- Build a Quad: Soft Fire, our latest feature, debuted this past week and looks like you loved it — so you’ll definitely see it more often in the future!
- Survey Says… November 4th was all about the last products you bought!
- What eyeshadow base are you using? The sheer variety of bases in regular rotation is astounding!
- What’s the best drugstore mascara? We asked, and you told us your favorites!
- Look: White Gold & Teal using MAC’s Mystic Cool Eyeshadow Palette (plus Hold My Gaze!).
- Sometimes, but not too often! (61%, 682 Votes)
- Yes -- all of the time! (33%, 364 Votes)
- Never! (5%, 59 Votes)
- Other - I'll tell you in the comments! (0%, 4 Votes)
Total Voters: 1,109
Feel free to elaborate on your answer in the comment section!
Temptalia Gives Away Jergens Moisturizers!
To kick off Jergens Winterless Weather Forecaster Contest, ten (10) lucky Temptalia readers will win one Jergens’ Moisturizer (their choice of Sensitive Skin Relief, Shea Butter, or Ultra Healing).
Think you have what it takes to be the official Winterless Weather Forecaster for the Jergens® brand? Log on to Jergens.com beginning November 1, 2009 and share your secret for keeping skin looking beautiful and winterless no matter what the weather. Follow the “Enter Today” link on Jergens.com and upload a video explaining how you fight the skin-drying effects of winter weather in your neck of the woods (hint: Jergens® moisturizers can help). You could be one of ten finalists selected by the Jergens® skincare experts.
One Winner could receive a $5,000 talent contract to film winterless weather forecasts for online broadcast, and a luxury trip for two to New York City to meet Al Roker and a VIP behind-the-scenes tour of the show Wake Up With Al! along with $1,000 cash. The winner’s forecasts may even be featured online at Jergens.com.
See Jergens for more contest details!
Submit your entry by leaving a comment telling me which of the three Jergens’ Moisturizers you’d love to win — Sensitive Skin Relief, Shea Butter, or Ultra Healing!
All entries must be submitted by November 13th, 2009 at 11:59 PM PST. This contest is open to U.S. readers as pursuant to your local state/country’s laws. Winner will be chosen randomly and notified via e-mail. This post will be updated with “winner chosen” when one has been chosen.
Best Makeup for Dark Skin
This part of the Guide seeks to help our dark-skinned beauties find new favorite shades to love. Whether you’re dark-skinned yourself and can offer what you’ve found to work the best or you’re an experienced makeup artist or you have a dark-skinned friend who you know loves such and such product… we want your help and expertise, so please share it with us and everyone else!
To leave a suggestion, simply leave a comment and be sure to let us know what your skintone is like (you can give your foundation shade if that makes it easier!), whether it’s warm or cool, and then rattle off your suggestions! Suggestions can be from any brand you want!
You can check out mine…
Best Makeup for Medium Skin
This part of the Guide seeks to help our medium-skinned beauties find new favorite shades to love. Whether you’re fair-skinned yourself and can offer what you’ve found to work the best or you’re an experienced makeup artist or you have a medium-skinned friend who you know loves such and such product… we want your help and expertise, so please share it with us and everyone else!
To leave a suggestion, simply leave a comment and be sure to let us know what your skin tone is like (you can give your foundation shade if that makes it easier!), whether it’s warm or cool, and then rattle off your suggestions! Suggestions can be from any brand you want!
You can check out mine…