Valentine’s Day Makeup: Soft Peach & Plum
I thought I’d do a look using NARS Kuala Lumpur, a new eyeshadow duo for spring–review coming soon–which went okay. I had to use this duo wet in order to get the intensity I wanted. The cheeks and lips are still goin’ strong with MAC Spring Colour Forecast, so never fear!
Oh, man, I really wanted to add more to the crease. I wanted some more depth, more darkness… just MORE! But I held myself back. I told myself, “Go softer, let’s try it!”
You will need the following…
- Eyes: MAC Soft Ochre Paint Pot (neutral beige base), NARS Kuala Lumpur Eyeshadow Duo (soft melon/plum burgundy), NARS Mediteranee Eyeshadow Duo (soft gold), Urban Decay 1999 24/7 Liner (burgundy), MAC Plushlash Mascara (black)
- Face: Kiehl’s Tinted Moisturizer (Medium)
- Cheeks: MAC Vintage Grape Blush Ombre (dirty plum)
- Lips: MAC Radicchio Lipstick (pinky plum), MAC Almondine Lipglass (frosty white-gold) (sheer gold)
- Brushes: 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Try MAC Motif, MAC Cranberry, MAC Ricepaper
For eyes, start by applying Soft Ochre paint pot as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Using a dampened 239, apply Kuala Lumpur eyeshadow (the peach side) all over the lid. Next, apply Kuala Lumpur eyeshadow (the plum side) on the outer third of the eyelid and lightly blend into the outer crease. Lightly tap and brush Kuala Lumpur eyeshadow (the peach side) directly above the crease to soften. To finish the eyeshadow look, sweep Meditaranee eyeshadow (the golden side) as a highlighter on the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying 1999 eyeliner on the lower lash line and sweeping lashes with Plushlash mascara.
For cheeks, apply Vintage Grape blush ombre to the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Radicchio lipstick first, and then layer Almondine lipglass for a complementing lip.
Check out more photos!