Still have a couple of kits from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale that I wasn’t able to swatch this session, but click the links below to view swatches of the sets I did!
Swatches of Nordstrom Beauty Exclusives:
- Charlotte Tilbury Glowing, Pretty Skin Palette Swatches
- Charlotte Tilbury The Pretty Pink Swatches
- NARS Hot Escape Eye & Cheek Palette Swatches
- NARS Undressed I Lip Set Swatches
- NARS Undressed II Lip Set Swatches
- Tom Ford Iris Bronze Eye & Lip Set Swatches
Plus, bonus swatches (non-Nordstrom sets!):
Also, some brief thoughts on things I personally hauled from the sale (non-beauty), in case anyone was curious! 🙂
- Tory Burch Benton Ballet Flats — I ordered 10 and 10.5 and kept the 10.5, as the toebox is a little more pointed than I prefer, though 10 felt perfect in length. The Seashell Pink color is dusty, so if you wanted a brighter/more saturated pink, not the right choice. Comfortable, wore them for six hours around the house yesterday, and I wore them running errands this morning.
- Leith Ribbed Shawn Cocoon Sweater — preferred the rounded edge over the Boxy version (returning that one), same dusty pink that appears to be a trend this fall. Super cozy and soft, runs a little large.
- CeCe Tipped Bow Neck Sweater — super cute on, fitted without being too clingy, but I wish that the bow detail was sewn in place so that it didn’t flop around.
- Halogen Scallop Edge Sweater — great fit, fits true-to-size, fitted without being clingy. I’d say it is a bit shorter in length than I normally opt for.
- Nordstrom Moonlight Short Pajamas — SO, SO silky and soft! (No wonder, it’s 95% modal, which is my favorite material to wear.) Wore these last night and wanted all my pajamas to be these! Fit true to size–roomy (perfect for lounging) but not overly baggy. I liked that the top has buttons but I had no trouble just slipping it over my head.
- Thermal Henley Top — soft and cozy in feel, but it was thinner and unlikely to be nearly as warm as a true thermal (not a surprise); for me, this is a fall/winter sleep shirt (I’m cold 24/7).
- BlankNYC Cloud Nine Drape Jacket — very soft and has the look and feel of suede (but is faux). It’s more fitted through the arms than anticipated (seemed to run a little smaller; I’m debating sizing up and seeing how that works out).
- Halogen Shirred Detail Sleeveless Blouse — if you like peplum tops or want all the attention drawn to the waist, I felt like this top nailed it.
I’m returning other items not mentioned below, but they’re returns that are more due to personal taste than issue with the product! I only had one item I tried that I was disappointed in.
- Ted Baker Yizelda Lace Shoulder Sweater — this was my big “splurge” item, but the flower detail on the shoulders is just placed in such a way that they don’t lie flat along the side of the body (around the armpit area). It also felt tighter around my shoulders (which, admittedly, are a little broader than the rest of me), but I very rarely encounter that issue in fit.