Softer Makeup: Going Coral — Once More, With Feeling!
Just a quickie look here… something neutral so I could do some lip swatches! Ironically, this combination of eyeshadows recreates the look I did last week in a way–it’s subtler, softer, but the strength of Coral Crepe really seems to keep everything in the same family.
Note: I’m also testing out Laura Mercier’s Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer, but the shade is one too dark for me (it’s Almond, for reference, which I think is suitable for NC30/NC35)–I mention this because you can tell I’m just a little “bronzed” in the photos. I’ll be trying Sand, which should be a better fit, soon, but for now, I’m just wearing it for feel/texture, even if the shade doesn’t match!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: MAC Soft Ochre Paint Pot (neutral beige base), MAC Coral Crepe Paint Pot (coral), Cle de Peau #1 Eyeshadow (champagne white), Cle de Peau #114 Eyeshadow (pink), Cle de Peau #111 Eyeshadow (dark brown), MAC Femme-fi Eyeshadow (highlighter), Guerlain Mirage Khol (brown), MAC NC15/NW20 Chromagraphic Pencil (nude), MAC Opulash Mascara (black)
- Face: Laura Mercier Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer (Almond)
- Cheeks: YSL Golden Sand Terre Saharienne (bronze), NARS Enchanted Cream Blush (sheer peach)
- Lips: MAC Kraft Lipstick (peached brown), MAC Fold and Tuck Lipglass (coral)
- Brushes: 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: N/A
For eyes, start by applying Coral Crepe paint pot as your eyeshadow base all over the lid area with the 249, andn then apply Soft Ochre paint pot from crease to brow. Using the 239, apply #1 eyeshadow on the inner third of the eyelid. Next, apply #114 eyeshadow on the middle third of the eyelid and lightly blend with the inner corner. Darken the outer third of the lid with #111 eyeshadow with the 239, gently brushing it into the lower crease. Lightly blend #111 eyeshadow, with the 239, on the outer corner and lid. To finish the eyeshadow look, sweep Femme-fi eyeshadow as a highlighter on the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Mirage khol on the lower water line and NC15/NW20 pencil lightly patted below the lower lash line and smudged with the 219 brush. Finish by sweeping lashes with Opulash mascara.
For cheeks, apply Enchanted cream blush on cheeks as a base, and then layer Golden Sand bronzer to the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Kraft lipstick first, and then layer Fold and Tuck lipglass for a complementing lip.
Check out more photos!
I look a little orange or bronzed, because I am was testing
out a new tinted moisturizer, but the shade is a wee darker than my
actual skin tone. But I didn’t want to toss the whole look out the
window, so let’s just go with super bronze, okay? 🙂