Well, it looks like Sephora has decided to go toe-to-toe with Ulta’s 21 Days of Beauty event… to a T. It kicked off September 1st and will run through September 21st. Unlike Ulta, Sephora isn’t giving a preview or calendar of the daily deals; they just tell you to check back each day. The increased competition between the two retailers is good news for customers, since they’ll each have to offer more to earn our business, but I definitely wish Sephora used it as an opportunity to do better/more. I really hope there are some different deals/products discounted between now and the 21st!
- When: Midnight PT
- What: 1 to 3 products will be discounted up to 50% off each day, available while supplies last
- Where: Online and in-store at Sephora and Sephora inside JCPenneys but not at Sephora Canada
Daily Deals — Best Guesses
Based on the deals from the first, it seems like Sephora will be offering the same products as Ulta when possible. The increased competition between the two retailers is better for the customer, it is interesting that Sephora doesn’t feel driven to do better or to offer more. Per some replies from Sephora employees on Twitter (to tweets of mine), Sephora has price-matched in-store for Ulta’s 21 Days of Beauty in the past and that this is the retailer doing that more aggressively and online. So far, they have only duplicated the deals available at Ulta that are in-store and online (so excluding online-only or tier-restricted beauty steals).
I’ve pulled out the deals that would overlap based on what we have seen but keep in mind these are guesses at this point as Sephora has not revealed information ahead of time!
You can view Ulta’s calendar featuring all of their daily steals between now and the 21st, including online-only and deals for Platinum/Diamond members. There were a few days where it didn’t seem like any of Ulta’s offerings lined up with Sephora, so I’ll be keeping my eyes out for the 9th, 16th, and 19th especially.
9/1: 50% off Peter Thomas Roth FIRMx, Benefit The POREfessional Primer
- 9/2: FOREO Luna Play Plus for $24.50 (regularly $49)
- 9/3: Becca Hydra-Mist Set & Refresh Powder for $19.50 (regularly $39)
- 9/4: bareMinerals Concealers for $10-12 (regularly $20-24)
- 9/5: Tarte Taretist Double Take Eyeliner for $12 (regularly $24), Murad Nutrient Charged Water Gel for $30 (regularly $60)
- 9/6: Lancome Monsieur Big Mascara for $12.50 (regularly $25), Perricone MD High Potency Collection for $19-49.50 (regularly $38-99)
- 9/7: Anastasia Brow Definer for $11.50 (regularly $23), Dermalogica Skin Smoothing Cream for $34.50 (regularly $69)
- 9/8: Too Faced Natural Face & Eye Palettes for $19-22 (regularly $38-44), Smashbox Photo Finish Primer (select) for $18-19.50 (regularly $36-39.00), Dermadoctor Kakudo C Serum for $47.50 (regularly $95)
- 9/9: —
- 9/10: Dr. Brandt No More Baggage for $11-21 (regularly $22-42)
- 9/11: Buxom Plumpline Lip Liner for $9 (regularly $18.00)
- 9/12: Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara for $11.50 (regularly $23)
- 9/13: Tarte Amazonian Clay Blushes & Highlighters for $14.50 (regularly $29), Clarisonic Cleansing Brush Heads for $13.50-16 (regularly $27-32)
- 9/14: philosophy Night Creams for $24.50-40.00 (regularly $49-80)
- 9/15: Tarte Tartelette In Bloom Palette for $19.50 (regularly $39), Too Faced Hangover (select) for $16-17 (regularly $32-34)
- 9/16: —
- 9/17: CoverFX Perfect Setting Powder for $17.50 (regularly $35.00)
- 9/18: First Aid Beauty Pure Skin Cleanser for $10.50 (regularly $21), Lancome Visionnaire Skin Solutions for $32.50-37.50 (regularly $65-75)
- 9/19: —
- 9/20: IT Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer for $13 (regularly $26), Clinique Moisture Surge Hydrator for $10.50 (regularly $21)
- 9/21: Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencils for $11 (regularly $22), Benefit Precisely, My Brow Pencil for $12.00 (regularly $24)
Summer Sale — New Additions
While I’m here, I might as well mention that a slew of Too Faced palettes were recently marked down and added to Sephora’s sale section. I’m not sure if the pricing is limited or permanently discounted. Fenty’s Poutsicle Lipsticks are also now on sale for $14 (regularly $20).
- Too Faced The Chocolate Bar for $31.85
- Too Faced Chocolate Gold for $31.85
- Too Faced Just Peachy for $29.25
- Too Faced Natural Eyes for $24.70
- Too Faced Natural Face for $28.60
- Too Faced Natural Lust for $38.35
- Too Faced Natural Matte for $27.50
- Too Faced Pretty Rich for $31.85
- Too Faced Sweet Peach for $31.85
- Too Faced White Peach for $29.25