Each year, I share both my beauty-related and non-beauty related picks from Nordstrom’s Anniversary Sale! Here are all of my picks from the sale, as well as a few edits/updates on items I purchased (and whether I’m keeping or returning) along with some additional items I ended up buying since I first posted. The sale opens to everyone tomorrow July 19th!
Beauty Exclusives | Temptalia’s Picks
For a full list of beauty exclusives, check out our round-up of Nordstrom’s Anniversary Sale Beauty Exclusives. These are the sets I’m most likely to pick up; most of them are for review purposes!
- Charlotte Tilbury The Easy Smokey Eye Palette ($55.00) Six-pan eyeshadow palette
- Tom Ford Nordstrom Exclusive Eyeshadow Quad & Mini Lip Set ($88, $126 value) Includes full-sized eyeshadow quad and deluxe-sized lip colors in Autoerotique and Paper Dolli
- Laura Mercier Tres Chic Palette ($52, $86 value) Two highlighters, two bronzers, two blushes
- Tom Ford Lips & Girls Trio ($88, $110 value) Whitney, Philippa, Antonia
- MAC Lip Haul Lip Kit ($59.50, $108 value) Includes Zenith, Dahhlinggg!; Care to Share Lipsticks, Shhh!, Indoor Voices, Lust glosses
- Fresh Rose Hydration Rush Ritual Set ($69, $101 value) Soy Facial Cleanser (1.7 oz.), Rose Deep Hydration Facial Toner (3.4 oz.), Rose Face Mask (1 oz.), Rose Deep Hydration Cream (1 oz.)
- Kiehl’s Creme de Corps ($49, $78 value) Jumbo size
A Few Beauty Exclusives – Recommendations
The NARS Hot Tropic Lip Gloss Set ($39.00, $96 value) and NARS Naked Paradise Lip Pencil Set ($39, $108 value) are both great value sets, and NARS tends to be consistent with their formulas. [I expect to receive these as press samples so don’t have them on my list of things to buy; same with some of the MAC sets!] I also recommend the simplehuman Round Sensor Mirror Pro ($150, $250 after sale) (I already have one!).
Non-Beauty Exclusives | Temptalia’s Picks
Look, I live in loungewear, and since I work from home, I enjoy being in cozy, comfy clothes the most! Here are all the things I ended up getting with some brief thoughts (based on items I did receive and try on)…
- BP Lightweight Sweater for $25.90 (regularly $39) — the weight and material were nice, but the length was too short on my shape
- Halogen Modal Tee for $24.90 (regularly $39) — loved, great fit, ultra soft, bought another color!
- Halogen Faux Wrap Sweater for $49.90 (regularly $79) — didn’t fit my chest as well as I’d like so back it went
- BP Cozy Joggers for $25.90 (regularly $39.00) — so soft and cozy, just as I wanted! and it has pockets!!
- Socialite’s Long Sleeve Thermal Henleys (super cozy an comfy) — cozy, lightweight (but not paper thin… but not a real thermal for snow-country!), seems to fit slightly smaller than expected (I have a very similar style by the brand I purchased a few months ago that has a much looser fit) so I’m sizing up but will be keeping the size that I like best for sure!
- BP Cozy Top for $25.90 (regularly $39) — haven’t received yet but bought because the Joggers were so soft
- BP Cozy Shorts for $18.90 (regularly $29.00) — cozy, super soft, not too baggy, good fit/cut and pockets!!
- Barefoot Dreams CozyChic Socks for $19.90 (regularly $30) — loved these, very soft and comfortable
Huge, huge fan of Nordstrom Lingerie’s Moonlight Pajamas, whether standalone pieces or sets, and I’ve even converted my mom into loving these so much that she actually asked for another set for her birthday (of course, me being me, I set her three sets). They’ve replaced most of my sleepwear, and I tend to mix and match depending on season (I opt for long sleeves but shorts for summer). The long-sleeve/pants sets are going for $42.90 (regularly $65), while the short-sleeve/short sets are $35.60 (regularly $55.00). I ended up buying the mauve-hued short and shirt set for myself, and then I sent my mom three sets of the long-sleeve/pants sets and a set for my sister.
Some non-loungewear purchases…
- Caslon’s Off Duty Knit Cardigan (in olive green) for $45.90 (regularly $69) – it had a great weight and softness to it, but the sleeves were too bat wing-like for my preference.
- Halogen Shawl Collar Blazer (which appears sold out) — it’s gorgeous, but ultimately, the color scheme wasn’t for me; I wish it was available in a few different thread color combos!
- Halogen Crewneck Sweater (in Blue Raindrop) for $45.90 (regularly $69.00) — soft, good fit overall but seemed a smidgen short on me, but the texture of the fabric with this color looks more faded/worn than I like personally! (I usually end up going for richer hues/deeper shades, which avoid that style with this type of texture… but I love aqua/teal and couldn’t resist trying.)
- Chelsea28 V-Neck Sweater for $45.90 (regularly $69.00) — haven’t received yet, bought it in two shades to see if the longer length works better on my shape.
When I go out, I’m usually a jeans kind of gal, and I have several pairs and enjoy Wit & Wisdom–the price point is soft for Nordstrom, but they wear well for me. I bought both the Ab-solution High Waist Skinny Jeans for $51.90 (regularly $78), Ab-solution Skinny Jeans for $44.90 (regularly $68), which have a great fit and are consistent with my past purchases from the brand, so I kept both. I’ve always had good luck with drape tops so Halogen’s Sleeveless Drape Front Top for $38.90 (regularly $59) in that bluish-teal made it into my cart, but the heavier fabric didn’t sit right on me so that one will be returned.
I’ve been significantly reducing how many new shoes I buy, so the only ones I bought were the Tory Burch’s Everly Ballet Flats in tan for $164.90 (regularly $248) and Flat Sandals in pink for $149.90 (regularly $228) (and if you like a chunky heel, the Everly Sandals look great; I have a similar style from last year’s sale that I love). The toe width of the ballet flats was narrower than I’d like, and I’m super fussy now about flats since I have more than is justifiable to begin with, so I’m returning those but have already worn the sandals!
For the home: Nordstrom at Home’s Cotton Towels are really dense, absorbent towels that are soft while being plush and durable; I have two sets and plan to pick up a third. I cozy up in UGG’s Coastline Throw Blanket I picked up earlier this year (and loved so much I bought the matching pillows), which isn’t part of the sale, but this UGG Whisler Throw Blanket for $69.90 (regularly $98.00) looks really close. I’ll share this mini review: when it comes to luxury throws, UGG’s Coastline is my current Queen of blankets; I’ve tried the Barefoot Dreams Cozy Chic Throw, which is warm but not as cuddly as I like, along with Giraffe’s Luxe Throw, which is cuddly and kept me warm but is high-maintenance for washing and didn’t hold up nearly as well as I would like for the price (ridiculously expensive).