NABLA Cosmetics Soft Revenge Skin Bronzing Bronzer Powder ($26.00 for 0.23 oz.) is a medium-dark brown with subtle, warm rosy undertones and a satin sheen. It had good color coverage in a single layer, which could be built up to full coverage with less than half of a layer more; it would still be “too pigmented” to be described as a buildable coverage product, though (which was how it was described).
The bronzing powder had a smooth, firmer and denser consistency that didn’t have any powderiness but picked up well with a moderately-dense brush. For those who need true, buildable coverage, I’d recommend using a lighter hand (but sticking with a denser brush). The product applied nicely to bare skin and over foundation as the formula was blendable and easy to work with. It seemed to “melt” slightly and looked more seamless with my skin as I buffed out the color. This shade lasted well for eight and a half hours before fading noticeably.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Benefit Hoola Caramel (P, $30.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- L'Oreal Light (01) (P, $14.99) is lighter (90% similar).
- Gucci Beauty Light (02) (P, $62.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- NARS Laguna (P, $38.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Buxom Backyard Bronze (P, $28.00) is lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- LYS Beauty Strength (P, $18.00) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Too Faced Jolie (LE, ) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- NARS Laguna (P, $38.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Physicians Formula Bronze (P, $14.99) is lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Makeup Geek Sunkissed (P, $22.00) is lighter (85% similar).
$26.00/0.23 oz. - $113.04 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "buildable coverage" and can be used wet or dry. The finish is described as a "natural sun-kissed effect" that is "radiant." They were more pigmented than they were buildable, but the denser, firmer consistency made it easier to use a lighter hand with it to get more buildable coverage if desired.
The consistency was comparable to the brand's Skin Glazing highlighters and other baked gelee kind of formulas on the market; denser, firmer and smoother powders that work best with moderately-dense brushes but are very finely-milled, not powdery at all, and have a tendency to look seamless and almost "melted" on skin.
I had no trouble applying and blending out the latest bronzer formula on bare skin or over foundation. The powders at well on my skin, diffused easily along the edges, and lived up to the "radiant" finish promised. They wore between eight and nine hours on me. The "downside" was that they were more semi-opaque or higher in coverage.
Browse all of our NABLA Cosmetics Skin Bronzing Bronzer Powder swatches.