Milk Makeup Dazed Matte Cream Bronzer Stick Review & Swatches
Milk Makeup Dazed Matte Cream Bronzer Stick ($24.00 for 0.19 oz.) is a light, golden brown with moderate, warm undertones and a natural-matte finish.
- Semi-sheer to medium coverage, buildable to semi-opaque opacity
- Lightweight, thin, creamy; didn’t dry down fully but not tacky
- Applied well over bare skin and over base products
- Average-wear (7 hours before fading evenly)
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Iconic London Sun Kiss (P, $27.00) is darker, warmer (95% similar).
- Sephora Los Cabos (P, $17.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- NARS Zen (P, $30.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- Moira Light (P, $12.00) is darker, warmer (95% similar).
- NARS Vallarta (P, $38.00) is darker, warmer (95% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Terra (P, $70.00) is darker (95% similar).
- MAC Beige-ing Beauty (LE, $32.00) is more shimmery, warmer (95% similar).
- Vieve Light (Left) (PiP, ) is warmer (95% similar).
- Kaja Homemade Waffle (PiP, ) is darker, warmer (95% similar).
- LYS Beauty Motivate (P, $18.00) is darker, warmer (95% similar).
$24.00/0.19 oz. - $126.32 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to be buildable, blendable, and have a "natural-looking" finish. They had a very smooth, creamy consistency with moderate slip that made it easy to pick up with fingertips or a brush for application. The formula dried down to a more satin-like sheen, not matte and not dewy. It never fully dried down, but it didn't feel tacky or heavy to me.
The pigmentation was semi-sheer to medium initially, and it was buildable to high medium to semi-opaque. I felt like they applied very easily on top of bare skin, but they were not as foolproof on top of base products--there was a touch of lifting on occasion but not consistently. They wore well on my skin for seven and a half hours before fading noticeably.
As a note, I'm not overly familiar with Milk Makeup as a brand, but I know that if you purchased any of their sticks a few years ago, be prepared for a much smaller size in current offerings. It's likely that for most people there's more than enough product before it'll go bad, but they definitely used to give you more for your money! I think the physical product size is small enough that it does make it more fiddly to use and not as ergonomic as it could be.
Browse all of our Milk Makeup Matte Cream Bronzer Stick swatches.
Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Wax, Coconut Alkanes, Silica, Candelilla Cera/Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/Cire de Candelilla, Kaolin, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Wax, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Bis-Stearyl Dimethicone, Fragrance (Parfum), Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil/Huile Végétale Hydrogénée, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sorbitan Tristearate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.